LEDs on Motor Pod 02 do not display the color red

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first post after many months of lurking, reading, searching, learning and more searching around in the forums. Thanks to everyone that has contributed their time, effort and knowledge to help other people like myself along the way.

On to the issue...

I removed motor pod 02 in order to diagnose a weird "ticking" like sound when I would turn it by hand. Once I reached the circlip, I realized I did not have the appropriate tool to remove it and decided to hold off until I do. Put everything back and powered it up to make sure all is good and motor pod 02 would not light up red.

When booting it does light up green so I know the LEDs do work. I also used solex to reset/change the LEDs color but no matter what I do, it does not display the color red. Even did a factory reset to see if that would help, but no dice. The weird thing is that all 3 LEDs on motor pod 02 have the same issue...no red light.

Since motor pod 01 is the same as 02, I swapped them and that seems to give me 2 working red motor pods in the back and a more blue-ish white light in the front.

However, I still need to resolve the weird noisy issue on the motor. Maybe that will be another thread.

Has anyone come across something similar to the LED issue before?

Again, thanks for sharing.

Sorry, forgot to mention that this is on a stock Solo, but I am using Solex. Open Solo, MRO GPS and possibly a Green Cube to follow on this newly acquired SOLO #2

I think I have found out what the problem is. After taking a closer look, there is (what I think is) a missing capacitor. Pictures below show motor pods 01 and 02. Motor Pod 01 still has the black plastic guides/spaces attached, where 02 does not. Circled is the position of this capacitor (if that is what it is).

POD 01
SOLO_POD_01.jpg

POD 02
SOLO_POD_02.jpg

How lucky am I! The smallest SMD component in the SOLO just happens to be one missing. Worth fixing?...Perhaps. However, if someone could please verify which type of component this is?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea