Video ice fishing. Feedback welcom

Reaction score
I don't see the vibration issues in most videos post about. Some I have seen are obvious and horrible. Maybe I don't have a discerning eye for seeing the vibrations but it seems alright to me. This video only had timeline editing and not other processing. Taken with H3 Black at 2.7k 60. The HDMI cable is stock and routed behind the post method. Only 2 of 4 props needed balancing and I din't balance the hubs though they were barely off. I'm very pleased with the video and don't feel the need for improvement but if there are vibrations I would like to know just in case I change anything in the future I can try for improvements at the same time.
The stuttering seen is from YT posting and not in the original.
Constructive feed back is appreciated.

WARNING: For those annoyed by not hearing music during videos please mute your speakers. Only annoying prop buzz heard on this one.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wow, what a great location and a terrific opportunity to shoot from the solo. I really liked the first part of the video but then it seems like there was much more jerky movement when you were getting the closeups of you and your friends. I think you may try some smart shots next time to get smoother pans. The second part was too fast IMHO. Add a little music and I think you will have a great little video. Here is my video I did a few weeks ago of some (warmer) fishing)

Nice- I didn't see any vibration. Did you scare the fish away?:D

Maddog- Unfortunately I had to perform level calibration so stopped recording (GP H3 manual recording only) and forgot to start recording again before taking off. I was hovering and oriented perfectly for my friend catching a nice grayling. When I landed there was a discouraging lack of the blinking red record light. Oh, well. Planning on trying to get some fly fishing for pike next year.

Wow, what a great location and a terrific opportunity to shoot from the solo. I really liked the first part of the video but then it seems like there was much more jerky movement when you were getting the closeups of you and your friends. I think you may try some smart shots next time to get smoother pans. The second part was too fast IMHO. Add a little music and I think you will have a great little video. Here is my video I did a few weeks ago of some (warmer) fishing)

Love your video!
Thank you for the tips. I agree. The fast, more jerky portions were done flying manual. I was trying various things out that day and it's clear smart shots really enhances the video.
With the gimbal tilt speed I seem to be missing something because no matter what mode I'm in or what speed I set the control dial on it moves quickly if I use the paddle for tilting. Manual mode is so much fun it's hard to keep it out of that mode but clearly not the choice for that kind of video shoot.
I'm not the most artistic so I appreciate the feedback.

Last edited:
Reactions: J R
The control dial only functions in smart shots- it has no impact on the paddle.

The farther you push the paddle down the faster the gimbal moves.

The control dial works with the buttons above and below it. If you hold the button in it will set the stop point.

Reactions: Maddog
I know how to set the stop points with top and bottom button. When using the presets it moves very fast regardless of my settings though I may not be right on that since I wasn't really paying a lot of attention to how it was set. I just wish I could set the speed at which the paddle worked or change the sensitivity.
Oh darn, I guess I'll have to do some more flying to check out speed of preset angle buttons. It's a good thing batteries are $150 or I would have a dozen and wouldn't do anything but fly all day.

We all supply different parts. For me there's been a bit of a learning curve. One thing builds on the next.

I know how to set the stop points with top and bottom button. When using the presets it moves very fast regardless of my settings though I may not be right on that since I wasn't really paying a lot of attention to how it was set. I just wish I could set the speed at which the paddle worked or change the sensitivity.
Oh darn, I guess I'll have to do some more flying to check out speed of preset angle buttons. It's a good thing batteries are $150 or I would have a dozen and wouldn't do anything but fly all day.
The wheel sets the gimbal speed when using the presets- I've found "10" is a good setting for filming.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44