Video Issues with the Solo...

Reaction score
Thought I'd make this post due to the fact I've seen a few posts pop up where people are having video issues with their Solo.

I had an issue with video on my 3DR solo recently while using Solex (I don't use the 3DR app any more because as everyone knows, Solex is awesome).

I hadn't experience this issue before and here's how the symptoms presented...

1: Black video feed in solex.
2: Video feed, but no way to start or stop recording. Button was not there.
3: Could not select video mode in Solex, Solex video options were not there, even though it was displaying a feed from the GoPro, pressing the options did nothing. It's like it was stuck in "photo" mode but couldn't do anything with it.
4: Same as above even though upon examining the solo, the GoPro was actually recording.

The above happened on 2 different solo's using 2 different Go Pro's.

The issue was not caused by the GoPro firmware version, faulty gimbals or bad connections. The issue was simply the display resolution of the phone I was using. Solex will seem to work just fine in 1280x720 and 1920x1080 setting on the phone. But once you go above this, Solex "may" have issues. In fact, Solex will even pop up a warning saying that the current display settings are not supported. I had seen this message before, ignored it and used Solex with no issues. However when Android had the Oreo update it seems the display settings changed in some of the selectable modes in the display settings. As a result, Solex had the above listed symptoms.

This took me by surprise as I had been using Solex with no issues previously. Once I dropped the display settings to 1920x1080 or below, I didn't have any issues whatsoever. Solex worked like a dream.

So if you're having issues, before you go and start stripping your drone apart, check the screen resolution on your device. It's a simple quick check that only takes a few seconds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421