Video feed not working & GP4 freezing intermittently

Reaction score
I just received a refurbished unit and I'm beginning to regret sending in my original. The refurb has a problem that wasn't there before. I'll take off and have video, get in the air and cannot start recording. If I hit the record button it quickly flashes the screen and then goes back to the round record circle. I land the drone, unseat and reseat the GP4B (with 5.0 firmware) and it all works again.
After some reading of similar experiences and the iPhone problems (I use an Android) I decided to check the HDMI cable... it must have been loose on the Gimbals board and broke off when I removed the Gimbal.
3DR support was already handling my complaint about the refurb having a POC battery with what I believe are some dead cells so I mentioned the video problem and broken port. I'm being told it was user error.

Anyone have a spare Gimbal board I can buy? I can't find them online anywhere.
Anyone else have the Video freeze on them and need to reseat the GP or replug the HDMI manually if not using the Gimbal?

Fortunately my order was recent enough and explainable that B&H was kind enough to give me an RMA. Glad too because I'm not good at soldering and I have experience enough to know I'm not good at soldering. Mine was a clean break and I'm sure 3DR can fix the part themselves. Awesome write-up btw! Thanks for the try Rich!

Reactions: RichWest
Fortunately my order was recent enough and explainable that B&H was kind enough to give me an RMA. Glad too because I'm not good at soldering and I have experience enough to know I'm not good at soldering. Mine was a clean break and I'm sure 3DR can fix the part themselves. Awesome write-up btw! Thanks for the try Rich!

I really need to impress upon the great customer support from Bobbie @ B&H! Awesome job!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc