Video feed black/not appearing on phone

Reaction score
I've been using my 3DR solo for the better part of a year without any issue. After a recent crash where some props broke, but no visible damage otherwise, I can't seem to get my video feed to appear on my phone. It will sometimes flash green for half a second, then goes to black.

I've tried factory resetting as well as doing those order-of-operations solutions that have been posted here before -- (first power up solo, wait til it beams up, turn on controller, insert gropro, turn on gopro, connect app, wait, fly, etc.) but none of those seem to be working.

I feel like it must be hardware related -- but I'm wary of tampering with anything. Please help!

I'm using the gimbal, a Samsung Galaxy S8 and a GoPro Hero 4 Black btw

There is an hdmi video cable that goes from the gimbal/camera to a small circuit brd in the Solo. It uses a typical micro hdmi connector on the Solo end of the cable. If it came loose that could account for what you are seeing. There are lots of threads about doing things to stop that cable from vibrating so you should be able to find a post that has a picture and even the procedure for taking the Solo apart to check the cable if you are so inclined.

If you reset to factory settings you may need to update your firmware. Also, look at camera firmware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela