Vehicle not detected on Solo app

Reaction score
The app connects to the controller and the controller links to Solo but the app can't find the vehicle.. any help would be great.. Iphone6 up to date.

A. Turn off Solo Apps and try again, that I usually do when I can't get connection from Controller to Solo.
If still fail....

B. If u just updated the Apple iOS, I suggest you try to un-install and re-install the Solo Apps.
My iPad used to do that, installed Apps do not really work well after iOS update. So I did the above.

Let me know if my suggestions work.

Still nothing.. Top left corner in the app says Vehicle not detected.. Looking for Solo

Try on an Android then. If that works, then its probably Apple latest iOS bugs.
Do bear in mind that everytime a new iOS comes around, older Apps compatibility issue may appear.

I did get get this twice before on my iPhone6, close the 3DR app,
Double tap the home button and swipe up all opened apps, then restart the 3DR app again. Or power off the iOS device and try again.

On investigation I found that the app was still running from a previous session, pressing the home button does not close an app on Apple devices, but just suspends them, so they are still running in the background. To close an app you need to double tap the home button and swipe up on the app. This is not a 3DR app issue, but just the way iOS devices work.

Be safe and happy landing.....

Same issue. Connected a new iPhone, downloaded the latest app, downloaded the updates. I transferred the updates to the controller using the app. The vehicle is paired to the controller (I get beeps from the vehicle if I turn off the controller.) However, the iPhone app says always says 'Vehicle Not Detected' and usually says 'Looking for Solo'. Sometimes it connects to Solo. However, when I press and hold the Fly button, it never starts the motors. I have done factory resets on both hardware multiple times, followed by multiple updates.

Last edited:
Same issue. Connected a new iPhone, downloaded the latest app, downloaded the updates. I transferred the updates to the controller using the app. The vehicle is paired to the controller (I get beeps from the vehicle if I turn off the controller.) However, the iPhone app says always says 'Vehicle Not Detected) and usually says Looking for Solo. Sometimes it connects to Solo. However, when I press and hold the Fly button, it never starts the motors. I have done factory resets on both hardware multiple times, followed by multiple updates.
Out of curiosity, do you still have the old original phone around and powered on while you're doing this?

No, the old phone is sold. After a great many reboots and experiments in boot order, the Vehicle appeared in my app, so now I finally have all of them visible and with latest software. I can configure and view settings in both hardware items. However, it still does not fly when I press and hold the Fly button, I get a haptic vibration through the controller after the green bar moves across, but no response from the vehicle. I am beginning to suspect the gimbal. The green LED is on, but the gimbal control is not doing anything. I have no GoPro installed in there though.

You can try removing the gimbal and seeing if it starts up. Also make sure all internal connections to the gimbal are seated all the way and secure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44