Using the new geofencing feature with the 3DR Solo

Different flight controller pixhawk based aircraft are not known for that but early naza was very prone that is what is in phantom. Not sure how they are now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scientific11
Without GPS there will be no Geofencing or any other 'Geo' mode. The coordinates for the fence are GPS based, so Solo would go in to manual as always and the fence would not exist until GPS returns.
once gps lock regained do you need to re-setup the fence? It's frustrating losing your cable in MPCC on re-lock.

From what I understand and I think equally useful, is that it is essentially a fence that Solo will not cross. Meaning that it can also be used in reverse. You can put a fence up around an area you do not want to fly IN TO. Great for creating a boundary for private property where you have been asked not to fly over or other similar situations.

Yes...like drawing a square/circle around a tall obstacle.

Also would like an altitude FLOOR...under which the Solo will not fly until say, RTH is pressed. This would be great in all kinds of circumstances, including over water. And might even be a way for the FAA to feel more comfortable to include some limited circumstances where a drone could be flown over people.

Reactions: SARDG and bluesgeek
...Also would like an altitude FLOOR...under which the Solo will not fly until say, RTH is pressed. This would be great in all kinds of circumstances, including over water. And might even be a way for the FAA to feel more comfortable to include some limited circumstances where a drone could be flown over people.
That would be handy I think. Of course, ultimately, gravity dictates the 'Floor' - as seen in some recent posts... :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anomaly.Filmworks