Using Solex with 3DR Solo to fly a path

Reaction score
I picked up a 3DR Solo really cheap and it came with 4 batteries and a backpack. I quickly uploaded new firmware so it is now running OpenSolo and such. I'd like to be able to fly a path (say my property for a survey)
and video it. I can't seem to find instructions or videos for doing this. Does anyone have anything posted that you can help me?

@KellySchrock I believe you are the creator of the Solex app so maybe can help?

Last edited:
I picked up a 3DR Solo really cheap and it came with 4 batteries and a backpack. I quickly uploaded new firmware so it is now running OpenSolo and such. I'd like to be able to fly a path (say my property for a survey)
and video it. I can't seem to find instructions or videos for doing this. Does anyone have anything posted that you can help me?

@KellySchrock I believe you are the creator of the Solex app so maybe can help?

Ah, that's easy. :) If you also bought the Missions plug-in for Solex, there's a "Missions" item on the main menu. Open that, pan to your property, create a mission, save it, then open the flight screen, open the "Layers" view, pick the mission you created, upload it to the vehicle, and that's about it. Alternatively, you could use something like Mission Planner or QGC to upload a mission, if you don't want to buy the extra Solex plug-in.

Yep I did purchase the pack and just upgraded to the lastet arducopter today as well. i will give ot a try. thanks

Ah, that's easy. :) If you also bought the Missions plug-in for Solex, there's a "Missions" item on the main menu. Open that, pan to your property, create a mission, save it, then open the flight screen, open the "Layers" view, pick the mission you created, upload it to the vehicle, and that's about it. Alternatively, you could use something like Mission Planner or QGC to upload a mission, if you don't want to buy the extra Solex plug-in.
A couple of questions if you would help. Can you explain all of the 3rd party software like Solex, etc. I see a lot of different control software for the Solo, but not sure of the upgrade procedure. This would help me out greatly.

#2 I am also getting ready to do some serious mapping, so looking for some coaching. I need FPV cam added to the Solo, so I can use the gimbaled camera (GoPro 4 black). How can I hook an FPV cam onto the Solo without disturbing the GPS, etc? Is there a mapping service that can create a mosaic or whatever I need type of mapping using the GoPro 4 black. I know there is a manual way, but it is already going to take up so much time. Help me out, my brother. I would be very grateful for your insights on this.

Sean

A couple of questions if you would help. Can you explain all of the 3rd party software like Solex, etc. I see a lot of different control software for the Solo, but not sure of the upgrade procedure. This would help me out greatly.

#2 I am also getting ready to do some serious mapping, so looking for some coaching. I need FPV cam added to the Solo, so I can use the gimbaled camera (GoPro 4 black). How can I hook an FPV cam onto the Solo without disturbing the GPS, etc? Is there a mapping service that can create a mosaic or whatever I need type of mapping using the GoPro 4 black. I know there is a manual way, but it is already going to take up so much time. Help me out, my brother. I would be very grateful for your insights on this.

Sean
Sean your question and topic is different then mine so its more helpful if you start your own thread. This makes it easier for others to find.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo