Using 3rd Party gimbals on a Solo?

With the Sony camera on this gimbal how is the balance it looks like it will throw the Solo off since it's farther forward?
Also, what is the difference in weight of the Sony compared to a GoPro Hero 4 Black?
Nope its counterbalanced using weights and the PIDS are spot on takes Silky smooth video...The Solo has no problem with this payload no heavier than a regular 3DR-Gimbal/Gopro setup
counterweight.jpg

The sony AS100V Action-Cam is lighter than the GoPro Hero 4 Black
could you control sony action cam( take a picture or recording video) and gimbal ( up and down, left or right)?
How to control it ( by hdmi cable the same as go pro) ?
Many Thank !

No you can not it has tilt only, the gopro in the stock 3dr gimbal is controlled through the back plane not the hdmi cable..
I mean mean video transmission by hdmi. Btw, 3dr cannot controll this gimbal

No you can not it has tilt only, the gopro in the stock 3dr gimbal is controlled through the back plane not the hdmi cable..
Moreover, do u know the way to use 3dr gimbal for sony camera or gopro 6? Many thank

Actually you can get full control with a Firefly 8s you can take pictures and record video using pwm output channel 6, 7 or 8 and solex and the remote control cable
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Actually you can get full control with a Firefly 8s
When you say full control what exactly do you mean? This video showed none of that only a stabilized image, and no info at all on youtube, is this your setup?

The holy grail of an after maket gimbal would be Plug and Play for newer style cameras such as the firefly etc. and SmartShot capability.

Nothing beats the simplicity of the Original 3DR Gimbal and a GoPro setup...For the SOLO Platform...Although they are somewhat fragile, scarce and super expensive now?

Last edited:
A couple of ways one would be photo intervals set at a specific time sequence or the sony has WiFi and a live view remote wrist controller, I know wifi is not recommended to have turned on but I have used it with no issues.. there is also a remote that you could hack to work with PWM signals......sony remote.jpg

Reactions: congtukiem
A couple of ways one would be photo intervals set at a specific time sequence or the sony has WiFi and a live view remote wrist controller, I know wifi is not recommended to have turned on but I have used it with no issues.. there is also a remote that you could ......View attachment 9088
Could you please write detail tutorial about "hack to work with PWM signals" ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986