Updating 3dr solo without app

Reaction score
To make a long story short, I bought a new 3dr solo. Unboxed and realized that I have an iPhone 5 and Samsung note tab 2014 10.1. Neither of these two wonderful devices allow the solo 3dr app to be installed. I looked around online for a solution and found that there are 3rd party apps that work with the 3dr controller (Tower, etc.,).

Does anyone know if I can update my firmware from another app other than the 3DR SOLO APP? It's sad my current setup is not supported, but I don't want to get a new device just for the sake of an update when I can run other apps with each device.

Thanks so much in advance!

That would certainly do the trick for firmware. However you still have the problem of your phone/tablet being archaic.

Reactions: rippledj
I don't know of another way, but there is a better solution:

Install either Sidepilot for the iPhone or Solex for your Samsung and then install OpenSolo instead of using the stock firmware on the controller and Solo.

Documentation to guide you through OpenSolo update: documentation/README.md at master · OpenSolo/documentation · GitHub
I was going to try using an emulator in Android studio, or check if there is a android VMware machine. At least those apps you mentioned are available for iPhone 5. It's my favorite iPhone and I don't want fingerprint scanning anyway. I usually never leave my house.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado