Tower and Android compatibility

Reaction score
Hello, I just got a Solo and have been getting it set up with the Nexus 7 tablet I used to use for my Iris +. It's currently running Android 5.0.2. As I've been going through online tutorials for Tower the app has frozen on me several times. Eventually I get a message saying it has stopped responding and asking if I want to close it or wait. Is this a compatibility issue? I tried to update the tablet to Android 5.1 but I keep getting an error where a dead robot shows up on the screen and the tablet eventually restarts in the older OS. Do I need to get a new tablet? Help! And thanks!

Kamille H

Hello, I just got a Solo and have been getting it set up with the Nexus 7 tablet I used to use for my Iris +. It's currently running Android 5.0.2. As I've been going through online tutorials for Tower the app has frozen on me several times. Eventually I get a message saying it has stopped responding and asking if I want to close it or wait. Is this a compatibility issue? I tried to update the tablet to Android 5.1 but I keep getting an error where a dead robot shows up on the screen and the tablet eventually restarts in the older OS. Do I need to get a new tablet? Help! And thanks!

Kamille H
Similar problem I was having with the Galaxy Tab A.
My Nexus 7 2013 runs the 3dr app without issues. Never tried Tower app on it. With Solex I lose the ability to tap buttons. I keep tapping and the Nexus responds with audio but nothing happens. It appears that a lot of the tablets are buggy when it comes to running apps. Some folks have zero problems with their tablet but others running the same hardware have issues.

Do you mean conflicts between Solo app and Tower app? I don't have anything else installed except what came on the tablet. Is there a definitive answer to compatibility between Android 5.0.2 and Tower app? Who could I ask? 3DR could not tell me.

no if you are not loaded up with lots of apps then it should not be the issue. I was flying my phone note 4 and had all kind of problems but I had lots of apps. Going to a dedicated nexus helped a lot. Plus in the new android you can disable stock apps. I run a few google ones like text to speech but killed a lot of the built in stuff, Its literally run android os and a couple core features like location services

Do you mean conflicts between Solo app and Tower app? I don't have anything else installed except what came on the tablet. Is there a definitive answer to compatibility between Android 5.0.2 and Tower app? Who could I ask? 3DR could not tell me.
I'm using the Nexus 7 (2013) 5.0.2 and running Tower 3.2.0 without any problems. Do you have the telemetry connection type set to UDP?
Solex, Tower and 3DR app run fine.

I don't know if my Nexus 7 is 2013 or 2012 but I just upgraded to Android 5.0.2 and I'm running the latest version of Tower (4.0 I think). The telemetry connection is set to UDP. Would you recommend that I try to get an earlier version of Tower? Is there a reason you haven't upgraded Tower?

I'm using the Nexus 7 (2013) 5.0.2 and running Tower 3.2.0 without any problems. Do you have the telemetry connection type set to UDP?
Solex, Tower and 3DR app run fine.

Do you know how I can get an earlier version of Tower? I want to try that and see if I still have the problems with Tower crashing. Thanks.

I don't know if my Nexus 7 is 2013 or 2012 but I just upgraded to Android 5.0.2 and I'm running the latest version of Tower (4.0 I think). The telemetry connection is set to UDP. Would you recommend that I try to get an earlier version of Tower? Is there a reason you haven't upgraded Tower?
I don't know where to get the earlier version if it isn't in the play store.
The version I have works fine for me so I just kept it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc