The next firmware update

This has been asked multiple times here-where are you getting the update from? Nothing on website, no "Update Available" on the controller. The GitHub site means nothing to me.

It's an iOS app update only. Go into App Store and update the 3dr Solo app.

Thanks all. I found it. I flew yesterday afternoon and I don't recall seeing an update available on my App store icon like there is for everything else. I'll look again tonight.

The original post says firmware

... and that update is not here yet.

The firmware update is getting closer as Ian said, but in the meantime there has been a small iOS update pushed live which enables the photo/video mode change and may address some video streaming issues but that is all. It needed no firmware update to the Solo for this as it already had the functionality in place to support Tower.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
What's with the fpv improvements stated? Overlays on the hdmi out? Surely that could not come from an ios only update

There is another firmware update on the way, it just isn't here yet.

The mode change control didn't need new firmware, Tower has been doing this on Solo already.

I checked my app (IOS) and it was updated yesterday! It did it by itself. I didn't do it, I swear! I don't know if there's a setting to update automatically, if so it didn't update the other 3 apps that needed it. Another mystery.

Reactions: BladeImages
The iOS update is an incremental update, I think this was originally planned to have landed last month, so the November update is still to come, that's the proper update.

The iOS update is an incremental update, I think this was originally planned to have landed last month, so the November update is still to come, that's the proper update.
I like that I can finally take photos. That was a big improvement for me.

Maybe fpv improvements really just means the grade of video feed. Eg, less rolling, cutting out, temp issues when hitting record. Anyone notice any improvement on video feed on iOS in new version?

Timmy,

I flew one battery on Wednesday after the update and two batteries today and I still saw the video issue when pressing the record button on the app. On my iPhone it looks like the video feed has to resync from the controller or the bird. It pixleates the screen and then rolls down and clears up. I usually set up my smart shot then press the record button and wait until the iPhone screen refreshes and then I start the shot. I would love to see this fixed. My DJI birds do not do this when starting or stoping video. I get through it with the Solo; it's more of an annoyance but a couple of seconds of battery life wasted each time I start recording.

It pixleates the screen and then rolls down and clears up. I usually set up my smart shot then press the record button and wait until the iPhone screen refreshes and then I start the shot. I would love to see this fixed.

I suspect this is a GoPro limitation, not sure it is within the scope of 3DR to fix it.

Expecting a Firmware update, but just software?

New from Solo app:
1. Choice of Map provider: Google or Map Box
2. Camera settings: Video or Shots
3. Registration of Solo.

Thought it was an "FAA" Registration, but it's just for 3DR?

That's all that i found so far

Hey guys,

I just got the update to Solo app (incl. one to 3DR services app) and I really expected something more.

"Take control of the camera" is that you can now switch between video and photo mode. And also have a setting to record while in shots (the smart shots I guess). Really??
I expected a lot more control over the video settings, shutter, ISO etc etc. but nope.

Is it me missing something or?

Where are you seeing the option of changing the Map Provider ?

Expecting a Firmware update, but just software?

New from Solo app:
1. Choice of Map provider: Google or Map Box
2. Camera settings: Video or Shots
3. Registration of Solo.

Thought it was an "FAA" Registration, but it's just for 3DR?

That's all that i found so far

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44