The next firmware update

Reaction score
I only know so much so can't really answer any questions, but thought it would be useful to know 3DR have the next update in beta testing at the moment. There was going to be a minor update in October to provide some additional GoPro control, but this instead will be rolled into this month and form part of a bigger update.

There won't just be GoPro controls this month, but the release will include fixes/improvements to flight behaviour (Arducopter) and the gimbal.

Ian, any chance there is mention of a gimbal fix for those of us whose gimbal points 5-6 degrees to the right, causing orbit to never correctly be set on center? When powered off, the gimbal sits perfectly center and level; when power is applied, the gimbal points itself off center. It's like the zero degree position is not set correctly. Level and compass cals done several times, as well as stick cal.

Gimbal points slightly right | 3D Robotics Drone Forum

Reactions: J R
I read that it points slightly to the right to get the "Eye" camera centered. If it was stereo optics, then i would imagine that it would be level "Horizontally" but just like a 1 eyed person, they would angle there head to the person they are talking to.

Hope this helps

I read that it points slightly to the right to get the "Eye" camera centered. If it was stereo optics, then i would imagine that it would be level "Horizontally" but just like a 1 eyed person, they would angle there head to the person they are talking to.

Hope this helps
That has been suggested many times but while it sounds reasonable, look at the thread I posted, for the video within it. You will see that it's way off. And everybody else reports their gimbal points straight ahead.

I read that it points slightly to the right to get the "Eye" camera centered
That's a false assessment, I had heard the same but it ain't true.

Z, just checking one more thing. If you flip the bird over, does the "V" notch (gimbal limiting V) on the gimbal center out correctly...bisect the center line of the bird? I can't recall when I saw your bird in person....

I only know so much so can't really answer any questions, but thought it would be useful to know 3DR have the next update in beta testing at the moment. There was going to be a minor update in October to provide some additional GoPro control, but this instead will be rolled into this month and form part of a bigger update.

There won't just be GoPro controls this month, but the release will include fixes/improvements to flight behaviour (Arducopter) and the gimbal.

Where did this information come from as I don't see any information on 3DR's website?

Thanks for the hints, previously I think we were only going to get the ability to switch from shooting stills to videos, and back. Perhaps there is hope for more.

I noticed a few beta releases of the 3DR services lately, with several fixes, perhaps this is part of the release. I haven't seen any beta app yet. Here is a link to the release notes:
Release 3DR Services v1.4.4 · dronekit/dronekit-android · GitHub

You can follow progress of upcoming updates etc here

Releases · 3drobotics/ardupilot-solo · GitHub

Yes, I already follow their repository. I'm just wondering if there was a news statement from 3DR.

Back in October they did state the next release was for switching between still photo/video settings so as long as I can switch to photo mode and still see video output on my tablet it will hold me over until next month (if next month is what they stated somewhere).

Reactions: BVIsolo
No news statement, and I dont blame them
Just someone sharing information that they thought might be of interest.

I read that it points slightly to the right to get the "Eye" camera centered.

Doesn't make sense, as the degree to which it would have to point right would depend entirely on the distance to the subject - the further away, the less it would have to move, the closer, the more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44