The next firmware update

I got the updates today on my GALAXY S5, but haven't checked my tablet as of yet. Now when I open Solo app on my phone it asks for permissions, to register my Solo, and to watch a few safety videos. I will proceed further when I get time to do my tablet

my first gimbal was off, my second is perfectly straight ahead, but when its off it doesnt matter where it looks as it is not powered, all that matters is what happens once its powered up

Just flew 3 batt with latest app. I am still having freezing and scrolling video. Thought maybe the update would fix, but no luck. I did try out the video/pic switching and it works great.

I just received this reply from support about the ability to switch from video to photo in-flight.

Regarding your inquiry, there is a new version of the iOS Solo App, version 1.2.1,
This app contains the capability to change the camera mode between video and photo mode,
You will find the app on the following link:
3DR Solo on the App Store

In case you are using an Android device, it will not work, since this is only for iOS,

I just received this reply from support about the ability to switch from video to photo in-flight.

Regarding your inquiry, there is a new version of the iOS Solo App, version 1.2.1,
This app contains the capability to change the camera mode between video and photo mode,
You will find the app on the following link:
3DR Solo on the App Store

In case you are using an Android device, it will not work, since this is only for iOS,
Yes, but it has also been updated for Android as well and available via the Play Store.

Yes, but it has also been updated for Android as well and available via the Play Store.
Just deleted and reinstalled the app from the play store. Got the registration and safety nonsense, but no new updated software - still 1.2.0

The is no firmware update required for the 1.2.1 version of the app.

The mode switching was already introduced in the 1.2.0 firmware and was already in use by Tower.

There will be new firmware with the next version of the app which includes full camera control.

Got the new updates today. New registration required. Nothing really new in Solo beta other than the camera settings. Everything appeared to work as it has been.

Jerry

The Google maps option gives much better imagery but does not give you the ability to cache maps manually. in fact 3dr have removed it. WTF!
Also where is the ability to control the gopro like dynamic slow motion while recording as advertised before the release?

Dynamic Slow motion! As outlined at the end of the Overview video add on the bottom of the 3dr Solo Page in fact a lot of the features in this add are not available? Where are they? Why cant i get GPS lock under trees like the nail painted person at the end of this add. can anybody get gps lock?This is false advertising and fraudulent at best!
Solo - 3DRobotics Inc

Dynamic Slow motion! As outlined at the end of the Overview video add on the bottom of the 3dr Solo Page in fact a lot of the features in this add are not available? Where are they? Why cant i get GPS lock under trees like the nail painted person at the end of this add. can anybody get gps lock?This is false advertising and fraudulent at best!
Solo - 3DRobotics Inc
You must be new.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: nexxypoo
The Google maps option gives much better imagery but does not give you the ability to cache maps manually. in fact 3dr have removed it. WTF!
Also where is the ability to control the gopro like dynamic slow motion while recording as advertised before the release?
I think the app automatically saves the maps just like the ios version

Solo - 3DRobotics Inc
For what I understand..the new app update is only gonna give you the option to switch from still picture to video while solo is in the air...and really nothing more for now!
And the new FW update apparently coming out Monday will be for the solo itself to improve the solo performance and nothing more!!
Now that being said...and rumor has it that more updates are in the works for more GoPro options in the near future !

Just my thoughts..

I got the updates today on my GALAXY S5, but haven't checked my tablet as of yet. Now when I open Solo app on my phone it asks for permissions, to register my Solo, and to watch a few safety videos. I will proceed further when I get time to do my tablet
I also got solo and services apps updated today. Same result, asks me to register, safety vids. I did fly after the update, but did not take note of any new features. When I tried to open a trouble ticket to send myself the flight logs it queued it directly to 3DR and never let me add or change email address. It always let me change email address before the update.

I also got solo and services apps updated today. Same result, asks me to register, safety vids. I did fly after the update, but did not take note of any new features. When I tried to open a trouble ticket to send myself the flight logs it queued it directly to 3DR and never let me add or change email address. It always let me change email address before the update.
Not to do with the issue you named, but you should be able to retrieve your logs by using the file manager on your Android device and browsing to:
Device Storage/Android/data/com.o3dr.solo.android/files
There should be a logs.zip file with the last flight data, along with some other subdirs of other logs.

Hi
I tested now on my Galaxy S5 the new feature of the 3dr Solo app update.
Yes on android I can change between the Camera and Camcorder MODE.
This is a good update. I wait the update so I can setup the gopro setings when I fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44