The DJI Phantom 3 pro is going back

Reaction score
Well i sent it back and i am getting a refund. It's ok but i am afraid every time i fly it. I am worried its going to crash or fly off and there is that support thing.. although i have heard stories of their support getting better. I just cannot for the life of me take that chance. I am investing in something, something i hope to have for a while and something that the company will stand behind. Is 3dr Solo there yet? I like the fact that you can put the gopro on it, i dig that a lot. The DJI camera was ok, but it just seemed, ok.. Any advice, stories and experiences that would lead me to getting the solo?

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Well now i have just come acrossed another potential. The Yuneec Q500. People are saying its on par with the inspire 1. Sheesh... really!?? lol

Tell us what exactly your wanting to do with it?
For a all around bird, Solo is it, But there are many other to choose from.
Perhaps, someone more knowledgeable in different kinds available may help you here.

I think truthfully at this point the solo and the yuneec q500 are the two i am considering. They both are rock solid and i already own a gopro incase i go with the Solo.. I have heard nothing but awesome things about the customer service for both and basically i want peace of mind on my investment. I will be doing a lot of real-estate stuff.

Only used Tech. Support twice, "Replaced Solo Battery & Replaced HDMI cable" & it was all good.
But there are many that say they are the BEST!
Your getting in at a good time, since Gimbal is available, & updates are coming often. Prices may also be coming down?.
Other then those 2 problems, Everything works PERFECT. I love it.!
I own it now for about 3 months.

I had narrowed my search down to Yuneec and Solo
Here is why I went with Solo
  • Gopro camera use, already had two
  • Customer Support yuneec is better than DJI but right now 3DR is writing the book
  • Smart Shots, Yuneec has said they do not intend to do
  • Larger size of Yuneec harder to lug around
  • slower speed of Yuneec, I fly my solo pretty slow but its good to know speed is there when a battery is dying.

I do not know the yuneec q500, but 1 thing to consider is the open platform of the Solo. You won't have to buy a new bird to keep up with technology. It is open ended, and the future is something to consider.

I bet Yuneec does the smart shots, i mean they kinda have to. Everyone wants it, why would they not.

Well to be fair i never had to use it, but after all the reading i figured it was a safe bet to just wash my hands and be done.

Well i sent it back and i am getting a refund. It's ok but i am afraid every time i fly it. I am worried its going to crash or fly off and there is that support thing.. although i have heard stories of their support getting better. I just cannot for the life of me take that chance. I am investing in something, something i hope to have for a while and something that the company will stand behind. Is 3dr Solo there yet? I like the fact that you can put the gopro on it, i dig that a lot. The DJI camera was ok, but it just seemed, ok.. Any advice, stories and experiences that would lead me to getting the solo?
Keep us posted when you get the refund back.

I have the P3P and I just got my Solo. Due to the gimbal tilting issue (others are having the same problem as I have read - 3dr needs to sort this pronto), the P3P is ahead on my points table. I've had no issues with it and the fact I can fly waypoints just make it an all round better bet. This is a shame as the Solo should be better.

I had nothing but issues with the Solo. Always polite and patient with the support folks and was never offered a replacement or a solution to the constant disconnects between the Solo and the Controller, I also had constant disconnects between the tablet and controller. After getting no action from support I had no choice but to RMA it. I see no difference between 3DR support and DJI support. I know a few folks in Las Vegas that bought Solo's and 100% of them have sent them back.

Reactions: Projeffrey11
I am kinda leaning torward the Yuneec q500 k now. Still not sure. I am wondering if the update 3dr just put out is going to be the game changer to bring them back int he lead or not.

I am kinda leaning torward the Yuneec q500 k now. Still not sure. I am wondering if the update 3dr just put out is going to be the game changer to bring them back int he lead or not.

Just a thought, does 3DR still offer money back satisfaction guarantee? If you're close on a great match for what you'll be using the quad for....Might be worth your time to give it a try?

Just my $.02....

Tis a good idea. I am still waiting to hear how the Solos are running now with the new patch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo