The DJI Phantom 3 pro is going back

The problem with Yuneec is no plans for way points mostly. Also they are very slow.

Kip, you know the new technology every 9-10 months or a year is not that bad of deal in my eyes and is working for me. Even if I ran it a year and got 2/3 my money back selling and buying the next model its pretty cheap flying :D

You might consider the strong arm kit for the P3 for that crack issue. I did mine as a preventative maintenance measure. Looks like it should help.

@Chemtrail Pilot I agree with most of what you are saying. The Solo never came to fruition this year for me and my flying season will be over in a month, HOWEVER your comment about your buddy flying into a tree trunk. If you are thinking that the Phantom will hold up better than a Solo??? I would have to disagree on that. For my needs the Phantom is currently superior but I know for a fact its basically a disposable device. The solo is way more durable than the P3 and much easier to repair. If I put 600 miles and get two years of flying out of my P3P like I did my last DJI product I will be happy. If I don't I know I need to buy another one as there is no dealing with the idiots at DJI.

I would also agree that the Solo is far better in durability than the P3P. I love the look of the Solo way better too, minus the awfully short legs. But as far as I'm concerned, I'm all about quad performance and practically which I believe the P3P has the Solo beat for now. I just had my first flyaway with Solo yesterday and Solo didn't follow any of the supposed programmed flight laws. After running a half mile chasing Solo. It miraculously reversed course and started flying back towards my direction. I then regained connection and landed safely. Because of that I parked Solo for good until 3DR analyzes the flight logs to let me know what happened. I never had any of these problems until after I installed the gimbal. Now I'm actively seeking a P3P if I can find the right dealer.

I would also agree that the Solo is far better in durability than the P3P. I love the look of the Solo way better too, minus the awfully short legs. But as far as I'm concerned, I'm all about quad performance and practically which I believe the P3P has the Solo beat for now. I just had my first flyaway with Solo yesterday and Solo didn't follow any of the supposed programmed flight laws. After running a half mile chasing Solo. It miraculously reversed course and started flying back towards my direction. I then regained connection and landed safely. Because of that I parked Solo for good until 3DR analyzes the flight logs to let me know what happened. I never had any of these problems until after I installed the gimbal. Now I'm actively seeking a P3P if I can find the right dealer.
Can you post the log to that flight here? Would love to look through it too. Thanx

Did i mention my cousin had an issue with his Phantom and had to go all public to get them to even speak to him about his issue? That is my main concern. The P3P is a great machine, although it feels a little light and i worry about it lasting. Also no option to change out the camera and you have to get another app to map way point... btw will probably void any kind of warranty you have.

Did i mention my cousin had an issue with his Phantom and had to go all public to get them to even speak to him about his issue? That is my main concern. The P3P is a great machine, although it feels a little light and i worry about it lasting. Also no option to change out the camera and you have to get another app to map way point... btw will probably void any kind of warranty you have.

Your right, its a little light and you can use another app if you want to map. How's that Solo flying for you right now? I've had my P3 for a few months now and have close to 200 miles flown on it. No cracks, no issues.......the camera is what it is. Next year the camera will be better, the year after that it will be better than that one. Thats how it works. Overall the P3 advanced or pro is flying a filming much better than an 99% of the Solo's out there. Like I said before I'm far from a DJI fan boy but after 2 weeks with my Solo back in June I knew it needed a lot more work. Maybe Solo 2 next year will be better:rolleyes:

Can you post the log to that flight here? Would love to look through it too. Thanx

I'm currently out of town but when I get home I'll see what I can do. My skills with digging deep into software is lacking so someone might need to walk me thru on how to do that.

Long story short, my Solo did not comply with the section as stated in the User Manual (V4) - 6.2.4 GPS Signal Alerts.

"Solo will not be able to Return Home and will instead initiate a non-positioned landing at the current location."

I started the flight in Stabilize mode without GPS lock, and just moments after liftoff climbing thru 200ish feet I lost controller connection and from what was stated in 6.2.4 Solo should have initiated a non-positioned landing. But it didn't and it continued to drift with the wind. This is the first of 2 laws Solo broke that I can think of.

The second law it broke was 7.4 Home Position Safety. The law says, "If Solo aquires GPS lock mid-flight, the autopilot will save a home position at that location."

So as my Solo was freely drifting away and after running about a half mile after it, I saw my Solo further off in the distance, stop, and reverse course. It started tracking back along the previous course, back to me. As it approached me, my controller was able to finally reconnect. From there I took control and landed manually. What baffled me was, why did Solo stop and reverse the previous course. I'm glad it came back toward me but it obviously acquired a GPS lock as it was drifting, established a home point and continued to drift when it should have again initiated a landing at the newly established point since the control signal was still lost. What got Solo to stop and reverse course still has me baffled... But I'm assuming it tried to return to that new home point and that's when I regained control.

I'm sure I found a crack in the system since Solo was flying with 2 systems inop/failed when this was happening. I'll post the results when I hear back from 3DR.

Well i sent it back and i am getting a refund. It's ok but i am afraid every time i fly it. I am worried its going to crash or fly off and there is that support thing.. although i have heard stories of their support getting better. I just cannot for the life of me take that chance. I am investing in something, something i hope to have for a while and something that the company will stand behind. Is 3dr Solo there yet? I like the fact that you can put the gopro on it, i dig that a lot. The DJI camera was ok, but it just seemed, ok.. Any advice, stories and experiences that would lead me to getting the solo?

Did you send it back?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela