Summer is Over - My first video effort with the gimbal

Reaction score
The 4.35mm (advertised as 4.4) lens on the GoPro black, this was filmed in 2.7K at Illkey moors which is generally a windy place. I filmed this all in less than a hour using a combination of manual GPS flying and cablecam.

I used Protune, a flat colour profile (then used a Speedgrade preset in post - with minor tweaking), ISO 400.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Pow! Really nice, I envy you people with scenery. My world lays out on a coastal prairie void of any elevation change.

I'd travel to go to this location albeit on 40 minutes, the only downside was I went over for sunset and the sun was hidden behind the clouds.

Go figure, clouds. I flew this past weekend, got up before the sun rose and clouds interrupted the sunrise... Just never know, but it's an adventure none the less.

BTW, I like the video interaction with the music. Friend of mine did the same recently with a lake video, it's a really cool effect.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
I generally pick the music track first, then edit my shots to it, often using drum beats for cuts.

great job, not sold on that lens. it seems a little soft. cinematic look to it, but that could have been the preset you added

The 4.35mm (advertised as 4.4) lens on the GoPro black, this was filmed in 2.7K at Illkey moors which is generally a windy place. I filmed this all in less than a hour using a combination of manual GPS flying and cablecam.

I used Protune, a flat colour profile (then used a Speedgrade preset in post - with minor tweaking), ISO 400.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very nice. Looks like nice mountain biking trails.
What performance speed do you use (slow, medium, very fast etc.)?

@pyrate I had no sharpness on with the GoPro, I lifted it a little in post (could have gone higher), although there was a natural mist, I increased that about 20% in post with a glow.

@PureMX My normal flying settings are on Slow (one up from very slow). I don't know if the cablecam was set to that or a speed higher, but I'll try and remember to take a screenshot next time I'm out to see what speed cablecam defaults to.

Reactions: PureMX
one of the best videos I've seen yet! How'd the balancing go w/ the new lens? Also any filters?

Reactions: Ian [P13]
It says the vid was removed by the user. Can you post it again? I'd love to see it.

one of the best videos I've seen yet! How'd the balancing go w/ the new lens? Also any filters?
I was having trouble with the gimbal with a filter on so I removed it, I did balance the gimbal using 1 penny held on with 3M VHB, not sure if that was entirely necessary but the weight of the 4.35mm lens does differ slightly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela