Stuck in preflight update

We did have range issues and link disconnects in the past but that has been resolved with the 1.2.0 update. You shouldn't have those issues any more. I'm sorry you had to experience that.

I liked the Solo and it's potential but.... My experience was exceptionally bad. From never even seeing a gimbal to the multitude of unresolvable support issues (that I still see today with the folks I fly with), my faith in the Solo is non-existant, I'd never buy again. Actually, I said that about DJI but might not have any choice. We'll see what comes out next year.

Reactions: Vu.3DR
Version 1.3.0 out and still the same problem.
Someone shoot me.

But first let me return this thing for a refund. Spending 8 hours to make this expensive thing work. They should be paying me!

Reactions: Brian Fee
I'm pretty sure the folks at 3DR are discussing the problem, so no, I'm not saying they aren't offering more help. Inside the controller the red, green and orange lights are working properly.
The controller/Solo pair up properly. I'm stumped.

I don't find it coincidental that mine and all here appear to be newly purchased Solo's. It may be a coding issue with the updater?

I wonder if everyone having this issue is using an Android
I have hours into this and wanted to use it this weekend fro the Baja 1000. I would give anything to get my 3k back! No response from 3dr and been over 24 hours! Can't even call them! THEY SUCK!!!

I am having a similar issue. I'm Tinku from Bangladesh. I got my first solo feb 23, 2016 and still stuck with preflight update :p im using iphone 6s. the problem is, it start updating, after few minutes it says no internet connection..... im useing broadband+roughter=wifi :) last night i found this 3drpilots forum and read about this problem. 3dpilots says if i do solo factory reset and again do the whole process... it will work. pls help so that i can fly my solo. thanks

Hope this cam help for those with preflight update problem...........

I got my Solo + gimbal on Jan 2016
Keep it for a long time and only started to mess with it when the Feb 11 Solo Apps update was available.
I could not pass the FIRST PRE-FLIGHT UPDATE process....guess why ?
It was the gimbal. I learnt from this forum about it too ...LOL.
Remove the gimbal and update went flawless.
Then I install the gimbal.
So far so good.
Hope this process can help u guys yah.

Safe flight.

Hi all, I've got a similar problem. Perhaps of my own making but stuck and can't figure out how to fix it. What I've done is install the green cube on my Solo. In the process of following some sketchy tutorial video, I accidentally reset the solos firmware while trying to pair. At that point I couldn't get the controller to pair. I reset the controller thinking if they both start at same level they may pair. Well no go. Controller says it wants to do the preflight update, but I can't get the solo to pair. I can press the pair button, for one second or even up to thirty seconds as some have suggested, and nothing happens the controller just sits there saying to use the app to update. of course when I use the app to try to update, it says there is no sol paired.

Hi all, I've got a similar problem. Perhaps of my own making but stuck and can't figure out how to fix it. What I've done is install the green cube on my Solo. In the process of following some sketchy tutorial video, I accidentally reset the solos firmware while trying to pair. At that point I couldn't get the controller to pair. I reset the controller thinking if they both start at same level they may pair. Well no go. Controller says it wants to do the preflight update, but I can't get the solo to pair. I can press the pair button, for one second or even up to thirty seconds as some have suggested, and nothing happens the controller just sits there saying to use the app to update. of course when I use the app to try to update, it says there is no sol paired.

You can't factory reset with a green cube. The golden image is not compatible.
GitHub - ArduPilot/SoloScripts

Hi, I tried that, it looked promising briefly but then went to exactly the same place again. Stuck on preflight update screen. It is definitely paired, is accepting setting changes and giving some telemetry. It also allowed me to set the A and B button in the app and responds to mode changes in the telemetry. It just won't do the pre-flight update. What am I missing!? Very frustrating!

I was able to reset to factory and pair the two. But still on pre-flight. I could ping both, ssh to both, turn off controller and get the correct sound as paired. Still stuck in pre-flight. Here is the fix. Uninstall the app from the android device, delete any files left on the device. Re-install. You will now get past this annoying issue. -Apologies if any one has already posted a fix.

If you are stuck with solid amber light. Paste a light amount of flux along the Pixhawk connection to the main board and re-solder the pins. I would say the solder chosen was very inexpensive.

hi i am new to the 3dr solo scene and i bought mine used but cant get past pre flight update please help///????????? iam bought ready to pull my damn hair out and now when i turn it on its got some type of alarm that will not stop and as i read up on that its the gps cable supposbly not seated in the connector but i checked and its all good someone please help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela