Stuck in "Calibrating Sensors" stage.

Reaction score
I received my 3DR Solo, and goPro Gimbal, I have all the latest firmware yet when i go to power everything on and my remote begins "Calibrating Sensors" it just stays in that stage for 30minutes +

I've tried doing both manual calibrations, and my results are:

Level Calibration - Consistently fails, i've tried over 10 times.

Compass Calibration - I successfully do it, after which my app displays "FLY" and in a matter of 5 seconds or so it returns back to "Calibrating Sensors"

I spoke with tech support and they told me to send them the report files, in the meantime i wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this same issue. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and provide support!

-Denis

Sounds like the exact problem I had with I got my first one, right out of the box from Fry's. Would not pass a level calibration no matter what I tried....and I spent an entire night thinking WTF could I be doing wrong. Took and exchanged it the next day and the new one calibrated with no issues at all.

Haven't heard much of this or a fix so Chris's methods probably your easiest route. Hope you got it local, if not I'd let 3dr know your not too thrilled and if your respectable but persistent they seem to be expediting things. Seems too nice or just being an azz are both not doing very well in moving things along faster from what I've seen so far with 3dr.

Reactions: Dennis O
I received my 3DR Solo, and goPro Gimbal, I have all the latest firmware yet when i go to power everything on and my remote begins "Calibrating Sensors" it just stays in that stage for 30minutes +

I've tried doing both manual calibrations, and my results are:

Level Calibration - Consistently fails, i've tried over 10 times.

Compass Calibration - I successfully do it, after which my app displays "FLY" and in a matter of 5 seconds or so it returns back to "Calibrating Sensors"

I spoke with tech support and they told me to send them the report files, in the meantime i wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this same issue. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and provide support!

-Denis
If you come to a point where you've exhausted all your option ... Then you can try a ( factory reset ) and then go back and reinstall the firmware again...your originally installation might of had a glitch..

Just a thought

Last edited:
If you come to a point where you've exhausted all your option ... Then you can try a ( factory reset ) and then go back and reinstall the firmware again...your originally installation might of had a glitch..

Just a thought
Yes, without the gimbal as well. If it makes it right, then put the gimbal on and go from there.

Sounds like the exact problem I had with I got my first one, right out of the box from Fry's. Would not pass a level calibration no matter what I tried....and I spent an entire night thinking WTF could I be doing wrong. Took and exchanged it the next day and the new one calibrated with no issues at all.

Ahh its good to hear someone else had the same issue. I think i'll spend part of today trying to do a factory reset, and replacing the gimbal with the stock one then reinstalling everything. I ordered the drone and gimbal from BnH so I hope if I need to exchange it they'll make things quick.

Thanks again for the support Chris it means a lot!

Haven't heard much of this or a fix so Chris's methods probably your easiest route. Hope you got it local, if not I'd let 3dr know your not too thrilled and if your respectable but persistent they seem to be expediting things. Seems too nice or just being an azz are both not doing very well in moving things along faster from what I've seen so far with 3dr.

That's good to keep in mind. I'm not usually one to be an ass but after waiting for 2-3 Months specifically for this drone it's very frustrating to not get a properly working one. I really don't want to resort to getting a Phantom 3, the functions of this are really what made me go with it so hopefully BnH has some in stock that they can exchange this one with.

Again, thanks for your suggestion Adimuzio.

Yes, without the gimbal as well. If it makes it right, then put the gimbal on and go from there.

I had a slight weird feeling that might have been the issue... I even thought for a second, while unboxing everything "Should I just get the drone ready then install the new gimbal?" ... At this point i'm definitely going to try it though.

Thanks for the support Raybro.

Just a thought

Unfortunately I am at that point. lol I will keep you guys posted with my progress.

Thanks for the help Del!

Unfortunately I am at that point. lol I will keep you guys posted with my progress.

Thanks for the help Del!

Your very welcome Denis.. That's what this forum is all about.. Is to all help each other and learn..:) I've learnt so much my self here.. I don't know what I would do with out it..!!
loving it..:)

Good luck with your Solo.. I hope you get your problem fix one way or another my Friend..!

Fly Smart
Fly Safe
Fly 3DR

That's good to keep in mind. I'm not usually one to be an ass but after waiting for 2-3 Months specifically for this drone it's very frustrating to not get a properly working one. I really don't want to resort to getting a Phantom 3, the functions of this are really what made me go with it so hopefully BnH has some in stock that they can exchange this one with.

Again, thanks for your suggestion Adimuzio.
Yea I'm not either but it's hard not to have been frustrated through this release at times, I sent some not so friendly emails with zero success, just the same it'll be two or three weeks for months. In the end I got solo and my gimbal at Best Buy, canceled both pre orders and thankfully haven't needed support for anything yet so it didn't matter.

Good luck

Dennis
I wonder if you had found a solution. I have the same problem with a brand new unit and before starting back with a clean factory reset wondered if you have any success?

Thanks in advance

Fred

Thanks for the help Del!

Dennis
I wonder if you had found a solution. I have the same problem with a brand new unit and before starting back with a clean factory reset wondered if you have any success?

Thanks in advance

Fred

I had to send the drone back to B&H and get a new one. Once the new one arrived I made sure I activated and updated the drone and flew it off the ground before installing the Gimbal on it. Works very well, no issues at all. I don't know if the first drone I received was just defective, or maybe it had something to do with installing the Gimbal before actually updating the software but you might have to do the same and exchange the drone for a new one...

-Dennis

I decided to take the standard IT strategy and the first step is always: re-boot :) --- after a full power cycle the unit started up and has performed perfectly - so far! I have the current (last week) version of OS

I decided to take the standard IT strategy and the first step is always: re-boot :) --- after a full power cycle the unit started up and has performed perfectly - so far! I have the current (last week) version of OS
Hello I'm new to this I see its a year old but I have the same problem could you please explain me with more details how you did that to make your Drone works cause mine is stuck in the calibrating sensors too and I can't get it out of it. Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo