Streaming to laptop live video?

Reaction score
hi guys I'm 14 and I'm wondering - is it possible to stream live video to a laptop, while still having live video on the phone?

there must be a multiplexer inside the controller which you would need to stream to multiple clients at once, b-coz it streams the feed to your mobile and the HDMI output at the controller backside.

unfortunately there is no Git released for the controller yet, you could have a look at

Last edited:
Should be no problem feeding the HDMI out of the controller into your laptop (assuming it can take HDMI input) while you fly using your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe you could stream from your mobile to your laptop via miracast/DLNA or WiDi ?

First, you need to tell Solo that you want to enable video output. The easiest way to do so is to connect to Solo via Solo mobile app, which will tell Solo to start streaming video. Leave this open.

Next, create a file sololink.sdp with the contents:

c=IN IP4 10.1.1.1
m=video 5600 RTP/AVP 96
a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000
t=0 0

This file describes the RTP stream configuration for Solo's video stream. Now, you can open this file using a video player such as VLC.

Source: https://dev.3dr.com/concept-video.html

EDIT: This method will not work for streaming to two devices as explained in thread below

Last edited:
First, you need to tell Solo that you want to enable video output. The easiest way to do so is to connect to Solo via Solo mobile app, which will tell Solo to start streaming video. Leave this open.

Next, create a file sololink.sdp with the contents:

c=IN IP4 10.1.1.1
m=video 5600 RTP/AVP 96
a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000
t=0 0

This file describes the RTP stream configuration for Solo's video stream. Now, you can open this file using a video player such as VLC.

Source: https://dev.3dr.com/concept-video.html

I've explained this in the Solo Development thread but this guide from 3DR will not work. Go figure.

Reason being is if you use the app to initiate the connection, you can only use that phone to view that stream. That initial connection is what tells the Solo where to send the stream to.

Someone wrote a UDP forwarder however so you could try that.

Also, HDMI out on controller as mentioned by another poster.

Reactions: pious_greek
There are two easy way to route the video to laptop but both requires a hdmi to USB converter and a USB video digitizer. The radio controller has a hdmi out, you just need to find the right plug. The second route is thru the mobile device which has a hdmi out, eg Nvidia shield, then hdmi to USB digitizer or PC with hdmi in.

Reactions: pious_greek
If your primary mobile device is an Apple device then you can use an AppleTV to mirror the display on your device via AirPlay. I'm not as familiar with Android, but I assume you could do something similar with a ChromeCast or similar device. I realize this gives you HDMI output over the WiFi network, and not direct line-in or mirroring on a laptop but it's close.

If your primary mobile device is an Apple device then you can use an AppleTV to mirror the display on your device via AirPlay. I'm not as familiar with Android, but I assume you could do something similar with a ChromeCast or similar device. I realize this gives you HDMI output over the WiFi network, and not direct line-in or mirroring on a laptop but it's close.
You have to be on the same WiFi network as the AppleTV to do this right? If so, this probably won't work as you have to somehow be connected to the Solo and your home WiFi.

You have to be on the same WiFi network as the AppleTV to do this right? If so, this probably won't work as you have to somehow be connected to the Solo and your home WiFi.
I connected my AppleTV to the Solo's WiFi network and it worked just fine. The AppleTV complained that it couldn't find the internet, but that was OK for the duration of my flight time.

If you have cell phone connection to internet, you can do live stream .that said, HD is out of the question.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela