Sony new camera for solo?

I sure hope so. I'm a bit concerned with the talk of an "enterprise solo"

I want the camera, but not the auto desk stuff that goes with it.

According to the questions asked and answered on the 3DR blog it will work with your current Solo, but will not be available separate from all the Enterprise "Site Scan" stuff.

3DR Goes to Work: Announcing Site Scan, the premier software solution for aerial data aggregation and cloud analysis | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology

And there is a gimbal, folks they may tag this camera to that package. Dont be surprised if they do.
But if it can be done, you now have a proof of concept for some enterprising people to solve it for us backyard cinematographers
some one will solve it.

We need the ability to zoom while on the fly.
Somebody posted video from their Solo/ GoPro that had been zoomed in in post. She thought something was wrong with her Solo because the video appeared very shaky.

The consensus was that zooming in accentuated tiny vibrations from Solo while filming. Even the most stable Solo setup will have some vibration which will get worse when zoomed in.

Like looking through binoculars or a rifle scope at high magnification.

Right on Maddog. We can only do it in posting. I hope we can get a camera that we can zoom, and will take great pictures, even with slight vibrations.

It cost about $10,000.

Not really... right now the only way to get the Sony camera when it is released is if you order the whole Site Scan package from 3DR. And that package includes a one year commitment with a monthly fee. If you add it all up, it's close to $10,000.

3DR has hinted that they are considering maybe selling the camera separately. But so far no dice. We are all hoping something is announced at NAB 2016.

so they will not sell it separately at all yet? is it an actual cinematography camera for us filmmakers or just senses the ground to make a 3D map?

Good question. But I am very interested. I assume (and hope) that the introduction of this at NAB will include the long ago promised larger batteries, props and motor pods for larger payloads/longer flight times.
"promised larger batteries, props and motor pods"
Never heard any promises like that from 3DR?

"promised larger batteries, props and motor pods"
Never heard any promises like that from 3DR?
Yes, it was during the launch at around the time the Solo first shipment came in. And was in response to a question asked of Colin about upgrades, and he responded one of the upgrades would be slightly higher cap bats.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44