Sony new camera for solo?

Check out the new Gimbal!
fWfjv8

Nice can't wait, wonder what the total tags going to be with gimbal?
Good question. But I am very interested. I assume (and hope) that the introduction of this at NAB will include the long ago promised larger batteries, props and motor pods for larger payloads/longer flight times.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Good question. But I am very interested. I assume (and hope) that the introduction of this at NAB will include the long ago promised larger batteries, props and motor pods for larger payloads/longer flight times.

Yea even more important than price is going to be flight times for sure. Just got back from Best Buy got a new curved Samsung so I can make my Lg my solo monitor for the back of my vehicle, trying to keep up with the thread from back a while now that the weathers improved.

Anyway point was I saw a cool 360 cam on display without a price or any info near it, maybe coming soon. It's plenty small and light enough for solo, I'll have to go back when I've got more time to ask about it.

Im also exited to see some solo options like this Sony cause that yuneec g at 499 is scary cheap as competition in that section. I was almost tempted at that price myself to have another option for the price, still may pick one up as a backup. 499 with a handheld GoPro gimbal is hard to beat if that's the case,haven't looked into it much though review wise. It looked like they had the g price and display with the cgo version and specs, so I'm not sure if the gimbal comes with the g or just the cgo version.

Ability to attach the Sequoia and Flir Vue Pro (or equiv) are on my wish list.

Edit. "attach" is defined as integrating camera control and gimbal.

i read this sony is only 1080p, and very very heavy. I am searching more info of this. Not having 4k day today is not good business to invest what it will cost the camera.

I'm looking for that kind of more detailed information, but it seems that's all very secret yet. Fps, video formats, compression, etc. and... estimate price.

Reactions: Anthony Horrigan
1080p is still more than fine for TV, not just news reporting either. But granted it does limit the camera.
Very true. As has always been the case since digital came to cameras, there is much more to image quality than # of pixels alone.

Reactions: J R and erikgraham
I agree with @Ian [P13] and @Jubalr.

4K would be nice, but for me, dynamic range is much more important. That's just one spec. There are many more (color, depth of field, ability to shoot raw, etc, etc). But yeah, 4K is nice.

Reactions: J R
Great point about stabilization. It will be fun to see how that works on an aierial platform.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Doug Benson
be careful comparing this to the retail Q1
it says this is a variant of that camera and stated the model number, of which so far I can find very few details on.
We don't really know what this new cameras specs are as yet. We are basing it on the retail version of the body

I agree more because I am a filmmaker the 3D sounds cool because I do do VFX shots and to reference in 3D topology would be cool but the camera is where its at the photo above looks like you need just a newer gimbal but who knows I hear other companies such as Kodak are doing the same for solo black magic and a rumor is Arri and Red are gearing towards that making a camera small enough but might be pushing it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado