Solo's micro HDMI imput not working on a Firefly 6S? Or at All?

Reaction score
I though it was simple, but maybe not Solo has a micro hdmi input (cable) which is suppose to accept any camera's hdmi output to transmit the video signal.
Connecting the Firefly's 6S hdmi output to the Solo's hdmi plug produces no video.
I don't understand why not, I seen many folks online connecting different cameras with a hdmi output besides the Gopro.

Tried restarting the Solo app too. Also tried it on the Solex app, no video at all.

I tried it on 2 Solos I own. These Solos work perfectly with a GoPro to produce the video signal.
I also checked the hdmi output on the Firefly and it gives me a perfect live video on my home TV so I know the camera's hdmi output is working.

I don't understand, so the Solo accepts a hdmi video signal from any camera except the FireFly 6S?
This doesn't make any sense to me, a hdmi output is a hdmi output!?!?!?!

I must be missing something, can someone help me? Thanks.

Solo has a micro hdmi input (cable) which is suppose to accept any camera's hdmi output
This is where you're mistaken, which explains your problem. It is not designed to blindly accept anything you pump into it. I'm not familiar with the exact requirements, but I know there are limitations.

Not anything I pump into it.....a standard digital hdmi output that is pretty much universal now, specifically hdmi 1.4 which allows for the 4k video.
There are different plug types for hdmi and different cables 1.2 1.3 1.4 etc which applies to bandwidth, but the digital video signal itself of hdmi is a standard used practically by the entire world, thus 3DR uses it on the Solo. If standard hdmi video signal does work with another hdmi video signal then it would be a "standard".

Ok, thank you.

Anyone who successfully used a camera other than a GoPro with the Solo care to share your experiences? Thanks, I appreciate it.

There may very well be some other stuff in between the connector at the GoPro on the Gimbal to the "standard" HDMI connector on the other end of the gimbal that goes to the companion computer. It may all look like standard cable ends but there could very well be other things there that make it atypical. Controlling the GoPro is one thing you probably can't do through a normal HDMI port.

Yes, I agree on the possibility that the Solo might not have a standard hdmi connection all the way from beginning to the end of the video signal chain. This is precisely what I am trying to uncover. I opened my Solo recently to do some mods and upgrades and the "micro hdmi cable seems to run directly into the wifi card module "ready to be transmitted" which indicates to me that it is a standard hdmi video system but the fact that some 3rd party cameras with hdmi output work on the Solo and others don't tell me the opposite. (of course I am talking about a successful video signal only, nothing to do if a camera physically fits in the Solo gimbal or not)
I will try to get to the bottom of this and report back.
In the meantime, if anyone has some knowledge or experience regarding this please jump in.

Ah, you're right about control happening from the rear connector. I forgot about that one.

I have a gopro knock off hooked up...the video feed freezes up. In the market for a used go pro black....gonna wait a bit till prices start to reflect reality. ...and then after that the lens change. Expensive hobby.

I couldn't get my SJcam to work. turned out it was the cable. Had to use a magnafying gkass to see it but the pins on the inside of the plug were bent. Found one online at USBfirewire.com.

Thanks for everyone's input. From the response it seems a lot of cameras with a hdmi output work with the Solo.

I just chatted with someone in a different post and he has a Firefly 6S that works with the Solo. It must be something wrong my hdmi output.

I am going to try to return it and get another one.

Thanks for everyone's input. From the response it seems a lot of cameras with a hdmi output work with the Solo.

I just chatted with someone in a different post and he has a Firefly 6S that works with the Solo. It must be something wrong my hdmi output.

I am going to try to return it and get another one.
any updates? were you able to get it working with a changed cable? Im looking to grab a 7s or 8s.

Hi everybody!
I have a question about the сhinese camera - I hooked up the camera to 3DR solo and got fpv for a few minutes, but after turning off the solo and turning it on again, FPV does not work any more ((( can you help me with this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo