Solo will not "arm" or "fly"

Reaction score
I have tried different remotes, removed all motors, checked SD card, factory reset, solo app, solex, mission planner, and tower. Tower did allow me to attempt to arm it, however solo beeped a fail noise. Help would be great.20180327_093818.jpg

While in manual try to Arm with stick down and to the right Make sure you are outside to test...then slowly raise throttle and solo should take off...when you land pull stick straight down...if it does not disarm try stick down and left for a second or two.

While in manual try to Arm with stick down and to the right Make sure you are outside to test...then slowly raise throttle and solo should take off...when you land pull stick straight down...
That's a neat trick! It allows solo to arm, fly and land like normal. It will only do so with enough satellites, even in "fly manual"

So any idea as to why it will not arm normally? Or fly manual without satellite? Solo does the fail beep when I try

It has to do with the solo app what version of solo are you running?

Copied from another post:

For the newer pilots, the following is pasted form the Solo manual.

8.4 Home Position Safety
Fly:Manual, Stabilize, Acro, and Sport modes do not require GPS lock. To take off without GPS lock, Solo must be set to one of these modes. Without an active GPS signal, Return Home, Pause, and Smart Shots are disabled. If you take off without GPS lock, Solo does not save a home position at the launch point. If Solo acquires GPS lock mid-flight, the autopilot saves a home position at that location. To prevent a potentially unsafe situation, do not use Return Home if Solo did not acquire GPS prior to takeoff.

Last edited:
This the only solo that does this, I have 6. I bought this solo as "parts" due to someone else having an issue with it not updating. By uninstalling the app and reload,(just like always) it loaded fine.

It will arm in manual or fly with your trick if it has enough satellites

hook it up via UDP and try to arm take off props while doing this obviously Duh lol now in the lower left pane click on messages you might have to use the scroll arrow...It will show you why the Solo will not arm with a possible error message..
"Pre arm: need 3d fix"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M