EKF flags can't arm

Reaction score
How do I correct preflight “EKF” flags?

The 3DR Solo Drone and Controller have the original firmware, not Open Solo 4. Solo app 2.4.0, Solo 2.4.2, Autopilot 0.1.0, Controller 2.4.2, Controller firmware 1.2.11 I’m trying to keep it in original condition. I have 4 other Solos that I’ve upgraded and fly fine. The non upgraded drone developed an intermittent “Level Error” problem. I replaced the Pix 2 Black Cube with a new one which solved the “Level Error” problem, however now the drone will not arm because of “EKF Flags”. Using Mission Planner, I discovered the failsafe test had detected an EKF problem. I have two flags, “velocity horiz Off” and “pos horiz abs Off”. In the status window the “EKF pos hor” value was continuously changing, varying anywhere from 1 to 9.

This is the rest if the story. I have a 3DR Solo drone and controller that I purchased as a “For Parts Only” on e-bay. I made this purchase to test my troubleshooting and repair skills. I was able to return the Solo to flying condition by repairing the wifi in the controller and calibrating the drone level and compass. My attempt to fly the drone was a failure. Before flight, all indications were normal. I was able to arm the drone, however when I depressed the fly button, the drone left the ground and became a Frisbee. I was able to land upside down, damaging all 4 props. On the bench, using Mission Planner, I found the “frame type” was “H”, which I change to “X”to resolve the spinning out of control problem. Cleaning up the drone and assuring myself that the motors were not damaged, I operationally checked the drone on the bench with no props. All systems worked properly. All controller commands were correctly responded too, the GPS, and the attitude and compass indications, were correct as displayed and measured by Mission Planner and the 3 axis gimbal. However after several minutes of running, the controller would indicate “Level Error”. I would perform the calibration and reboot. All systems would bench check good, and then the “Level Error” message would appear. After several more calibrations and checks, the drone still had the same problem. I decided a gyro/accelerometer was malfunctioning, so I replaced the Black Cube with a new one. This solved the “Level Error” problem, however now the drone will not arm because of “EKF Flags”. Using Mission Planner, I discovered the failsafe test had detected an EKF problem. I have two flags, “velocity horiz Off” and “pos horiz abs Off”. In the status window the “EKF pos hor” value was continuously changing, varying anywhere from 1 to 9 while the drone was stationary. I replaced the Black Cube with another new one, same problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc