Solo will not "arm" or "fly"

If you have solex it too is handy when it comes to arming errors and such, lots of info right at your fingertips, its worth having. Oh and look into Open solo unless your Solos are under warranty or something with sitescan..
I thought open solo was green cube stuff. Would be interested once they get the new programming. Unless I've been following wrong info

Yes but you need to look at the HDOP it must be below a certain value

see this >>
HDOP of 2 is true of Arducopter in general but on the Solo and Iris is 2.5, but was made a pre-arm only check in the last firmware, with sAcc instead being the preferred test now.

Last edited:
Yes but you need to look at the HDOP it must be below a certain value

see this >>
HDOP of 2 is true of Arducopter in general but on the Solo and Iris is 2.5, but was made a pre-arm only check in the last firmware, with sAcc instead being the preferred test now.
This is info I am now learning. My current hdop is 1.6 with 12 satellites

Sounds like the parameters are messed up you need to go into mission planner and set parameters back to stock Look for SYSID_SW_MREV set it to 0 and reboot you will then need to do a level and compass calibration and set all the sliders and such in the solo app

Sounds like the parameters are messed up you need to go into mission planner and set parameters back to stock Look for SYSID_SW_MREV set it to 0 and reboot you will then need to do a level and compass calibration and set all the sliders and such in the solo app
I'm confused. That was set at 120, after reboot, it is again 120.

ok, someone needs to put together a guide for building a solo rover, those things look awesome!
I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who put together one of these using the solo internals..Hence SOLO-ROVER-1

Its a 4WD HobbyKing Quanum Vandal 1/10 scale buggy Quanum Vandal 1/10 4WD Electric Racing Buggy (RTR)

I used 2 PWM motor outputs 1 for steering and 1 for throttle it even has reverse. It runs APM:Rover Rover Home — Rover documentation

And the latest/greatest OpenSolo 3.0, Thanks Matt, tuning was easy peasy only had to tweak a few parameters to get good stable performance.. It runs missions via Solex, Tower, Mission Planner or QGroundcontrol. It has 4 Modes that can be switched on the fly using the Paddle on the SOLO controller, one of which is manual control (Boring). One thing for sure there are no jitters or stress involved when sending it out on a mission compared to sending the SOLO, i.e no crashing from great heights no crashing into objects at speed and if there is some type of hardware/software failure it will either RTH or just sit there waiting for you to recover it...like a lost puppy...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M