Solo update 2.1.0

Reaction score
Looks like firmware 2.1.0 is available now. At least my solo app says so...

Last edited:
hmm, nevermind.

My Solo app said new software was available, but looks like the version number didn't change

From the release notes:

"-Improved FPV Video stream
-Solo automatically stops recording when you land
-DroneKit-Python v2, enabling 3rd-party development. See more at www.dronekit.io"

i had a chance to test the new firmware. the fpv video had a noticeable improvement with the feed as far as pixelation and blocking was concerned. also the fpv video worked 100% of the time on subsequent batteries (not sure if due to the update or not).

and for those that are not in the know, solo moving to dronekit v2 is a big deal. dronekit has been on v2 for quite some time which was a complete overhaul from v1.0 which is what was on solo until today. this caused issues trying to develop android or python apps for solo. now that solo is on v2 expect new android apps and onboard (python) apps to start following very quickly. ios apps are still tbd because the ios version of dronekit is tbd.

Reactions: J R and Jubalr
i had a chance to test the new firmware. the fpv video had a noticeable improvement with the feed as far as pixelation and blocking was concerned. also the fpv video worked 100% of the time on subsequent batteries (not sure if due to the update or not).

and for those that are not in the know, solo moving to dronekit v2 is a big deal. dronekit has been on v2 for quite some time which was a complete overhaul from v1.0 which is what was on solo until today. this caused issues trying to develop android or python apps for solo. now that solo is on v2 expect new android apps and onboard (python) apps to start following very quickly. ios apps are still tbd because the ios version of dronekit is tbd.

Yes +1 on this, there's a horde of hackers out there probably very happy now. And I'm happy to find out what they are coming up with.

Where can one find more about dronekit
what I saw is there is no windows IDE?

DroneKit by 3D Robotics

there are 3 current libraries, android, python and cloud. cloud will be deprecated March 31, 2016 and ios is coming soon. for android you can develop in android studio which is available for windows, osx and linux. python just requires a decent text editor and python if you are windows.

I upgraded to 2.1.0 last night and now today on my first flight, had problem with both the Solo app and Tower staying connected to Solo. The Solo app would only stay connected for 1 to 2 second. The whole time I was flight the app keep saying "Waiting for Solo" and "Fly". Tower app would disconnect within a second of connecting. All this prior to even taking off when Solo was on 10 feet away.

Anyone else having this problem or know what the solution is? Had no problems yesterday with staying connected to Solo.

Reactions: thg
I upgraded to 2.1.0 last night and now today on my first flight, had problem with both the Solo app and Tower staying connected to Solo. The Solo app would only stay connected for 1 to 2 second. The whole time I was flight the app keep saying "Waiting for Solo" and "Fly". Tower app would disconnect within a second of connecting. All this prior to even taking off when Solo was on 10 feet away.

Anyone else having this problem or know what the solution is? Had no problems yesterday with staying connected to Solo.
I found the same thing, the Solo and the Controller seem to stay connected, but the App on the Android Tablet is going through a connect-disconnect -connect-disconnect loop with a cycle time of around 2 seconds.

The wifi on the tablet is working ok for other networks, and it seems that the actual connection to the Sololink wifi is stable, its just that the app cannot stay connected to the Controller and the Solo.

That is typically a symptom of the tablet WiFi. They like to disconnect when there is no internet. It can usually be fixed by a setting in the tablet. It's different with different OSs, but has to do with not searching or scanning for networks automatically. You can verify it is a tablet problem and not Solo related by taking Solo out and flying without the tablet.

That is typically a symptom of the tablet WiFi. They like to disconnect when there is no internet. It can usually be fixed by a setting in the tablet. It's different with different OSs, but has to do with not searching or scanning for networks automatically. You can verify it is a tablet problem and not Solo related by taking Solo out and flying without the tablet.
This same tablet has been working perfectly until I performed the upgrade this evening. Today I did about 20mins of video with the solo and the gimbal, and the tablet worked fine. After the upgrade I cannot stay connected even with the tablet only a couple of feet from the controller and solo. all good until the upgrade, and now the tablet wont connect.

This same tablet has been working perfectly until I performed the upgrade this evening. Today I did about 20mins of video with the solo and the gimbal, and the tablet worked fine. After the upgrade I cannot stay connected even with the tablet only a couple of feet from the controller and solo. all good until the upgrade, and now the tablet wont connect.
"You can verify it is a tablet problem and not Solo related by taking Solo out and flying without the tablet." If this has been done and you verified that the problem is with the app/tablet, try re-installing the apps and 3DR services if on android. If connection is good between Solo and controller, it is still a problem with the tablet.

Reactions: EyeWingsuit
"You can verify it is a tablet problem and not Solo related by taking Solo out and flying without the tablet." If this has been done and you verified that the problem is with the app/tablet, try re-installing the apps and 3DR services if on android. If connection is good between Solo and controller, it is still a problem with the tablet.
The problem did not exist until the update yesterday. Prior to that the tablet worked flawlessly. I have removed the 3DR software and reinstalled it and it is the same. The only thing that this tablet will not do is connect to the solo and this only happened after the update was applied. The tablet can connect and see the flight parameters, and update advanced settings, but it cannot stay connected in fly.

Reactions: Andrew McCuaig

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snarus