Solo to Mission Planner connections

Reaction score
I have two Solos I've tried connecting via UDP to Mission Planner running on MS Vista and has failed to connect, indicating waiting for UDP connection. I have previously connected one Solo with UDP and one Solo with a USB connection (a for parts Solo when disassembled ). I've disabled Windows Fire wall and also set a UDP 14550 port exception, stopped and started Wifi, Mission Planner, and the Solo connection with no UDP connect being made.

Then while searching this forum for some time, more than 15 minutes, I look up and Solo has connected. The other Solo (for parts one) never connected. Is there any known problems with Solo or the controller to cause UDP connection problems? I've also turned my house wifi modem off and on with no affect.

FWIW I've had no luck even connecting a Windows system to the Solo controller Wifi.

My Mac connects with relative ease (but the Wifi icon on the Mac never shows a firm connection).

I'm going to get a accessory board and bring out the USB for a reliable connection. That doesn't solve the remote connection - but at least I can use the features that Mission Planner for log analysis.

No matter what I did with opening ports and all that, I had to disable my firewall, then it worked fine

FWIW I've had no luck even connecting a Windows system to the Solo controller Wifi.

My Mac connects with relative ease (but the Wifi icon on the Mac never shows a firm connection).

I'm going to get a accessory board and bring out the USB for a reliable connection. That doesn't solve the remote connection - but at least I can use the features that Mission Planner for log analysis.
The accessory board USB connection is to the i.MX6, not the PixHawk

Ouch, just when I thought I had a clue. Thanks for pointing that out.

I'll try the disabling the firewall - a UDP connection would definitely be the better solution.

I have two Solos I've tried connecting via UDP to Mission Planner running on MS Vista and has failed to connect, indicating waiting for UDP connection. I have previously connected one Solo with UDP and one Solo with a USB connection (a for parts Solo when disassembled ). I've disabled Windows Fire wall and also set a UDP 14550 port exception, stopped and started Wifi, Mission Planner, and the Solo connection with no UDP connect being made.

Then while searching this forum for some time, more than 15 minutes, I look up and Solo has connected. The other Solo (for parts one) never connected. Is there any known problems with Solo or the controller to cause UDP connection problems? I've also turned my house wifi modem off and on with no affect.

When trying to connect via UDP are you sure your windows PC is connected to the "solo WiFi" not your home WiFi? Make sure to connect to the solo wifi first then open mission planner and connect via UDP in that order..

Last edited:
I haven't been able to get my Windows system to connect to the Solo Wifi - that really is the issue. I'm going to try turning off the firewall - could be it.

My inexperience with the current Windows environment doesn't help at all - I have 3 Windows systems, I've coded a native Kiosk in Windows 7 - but I pretty much dropped Windows when Apple got serious about Linux - so I usually stumble along when working in Windows.

I suppose I could run Mission Planner on my Mac with an emulator - but I'm reluctant to clutter up my Mac.

When trying to connect via UDP are you sure your windows PC is connected to the "solo WiFi" not your home WiFi? Make sure to connect to the solo wifi first then open mission planner and connect via UDP in that order..
Yes, my connectIon is with solo, I've turned off my home wifi also and tried all startup combinations. My one successful connection with Mission Planner was with Windows firewall on with a UDP 14550 exception set, although it took a very long time to connect. Maybe my laptop PC wifi is not effective, I am able to connect with Tower UDP on both an Android tablet and phone, it connects immediately, but I prefer Mission Planner over Tower.

Reactions: XevetS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40