Solo servicing and maintenance schedule?

Reaction score
Hi Ladies and Gents,

Having a great time with the solo and gimbal, capturing some fantastic videos, images and moments with both. To date it's been a breeze!

I was wondering however, what is the servicing schedule and what is involved should it exist? I.e replacement parts, sent away for replacement or self perform etc?

Cheers

J

Hi Jammey- welcome to the forum! I'm not aware of a "service schedule" per se. The only things that need maintenance are the motor bearings. Each motor has two- I don't remember off hand but they are supposed to be replaced around 60 flight hours.

I believe they are around $8 each. I don't know of any "place" that changes them, but there are several YouTube videos on the subject.

Just keep your motors clean- put a piece of cardboard, carpet, etc. underneath Solo when taking off from dusty areas. Doesn't hurt to blow them out periodically with compressed air.

There are several threads here about bearings- try searching "bearings" or "Boca bearings" (a brand name).

Everything else is "repair if it fails". If Solo is under warranty and something fails, you will need to send it to 3DR in California, so save the box it came in with all the stuff that is inside.

Post some of your videos so we can see what your doing!:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44