Solo flew away and Crashed

Sigh...thousands of solo owners experience common errors resulting in catastrophic results and in no way it could be a known software issue.

Reactions: JonW
3DR has sold thousands of Solos? I guess they wouldn't be in this clearance situation if that had been the case huh? :D

Wait now, its entirely possible that 3DR did indeed sell many thousands of Solos. It wouldn't have mattered if they had ordered waaaay too many in advance of an anticipted additional round of buying that never quite happened. Perhaps the customer appetite unexpectedly fell over when DJI decided to lower the crap out of their prices. Think about it, your capitalization (DJI) is in the billions and you see an upstart (100 million$) US) company eating into your market share... Also, your drinking buds tell you that 3DR just put in a mega order for Solos. What do you do? Take the market back by temporarily selling low because you can afford to lose money, knowing 3DR cant eat their Solos and survive. GOLIATH wins, another one bites the dust, life goes on.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

They sold well more than "thousands". And they are indeed selling off inventory at a loss now.

My calculations do not include the financial terrorists. I suspect the market is being flooded with solos that are not on the books. One of many problems of factories being placed on foreign shores that employ slave labor. Those sub human airwasters are quite inventive and very desperate and organized. (a term that i include to make a point and one that i do not personally view of human beings). For those solos the costs are practically nil. Using that cost as a benchmark you can draw your own calculations. I wanted a camera drone for neat photography and the mitigating factor for solo was it was made in American. I was disappointed when i opened the box and discovered it was made by slaves. The cost of anything is a fiction when slavery is involved....capeche.

It doesn't matter what it cost a child in China to actually manufacture it. The real cost to 3DR per Solo w/gimbal is about $750. If they sell for less than that, they are taking a loss. If they sell it for $350, they're taking a $400 loss per unit. This isn't astrophysics.

Now, since 3DR stupidly produced way more than they could ever sell, the manufacturer in China is owed a ton of money by 3DR. Which 3DR cannot pay them. The manufacturer in China made a deal with 3DR, where the manufacturer now holds 3DR's assets. You can be sure they are the ones making the decisions on what to sell it for now, not 3DR. Their concern is making their own money back, not making a profit for 3DR. So all these firesales are basically just covering the manufacturer's cost, and that money is going straight to the manufacturer, not 3DR. 3DR is likely making $0 on any of it now.

It doesnt matter what it costs.....blah blah blah.....just covering the manufacturing cost (which is nothing)....correct.

I'm not sure what you're tying to say by your ramblings since you say something different and opposite each time. The assets aren't even 3DR's assents anymore. And 3DR is certainly not making money hand over fist on them, or anything else. And it's unlikely the manufacturer is making a hand over fist profit on them either. The notion that profit is making made like crazy at $200 retail is lunacy.

You start off with I'm not sure and end your thoughts with lunacy. We should end this converstion.

Thank you for making my point for me that you're not saying anything coherent or consistent.

I had a very similar experience. My Solo was flying a MPCC when it suddenly went full speed off in a random direction. I repeatedly pushed the pause button and then tried to use the control sticks but Solo was completely unresponsive. Mine also crashed through trees and ended up crashing upside down, breaking the gimbal and 2 motors. It came dangerously close to hitting a person on its way to the ground. I sent the Solo to 3DR to evaluate it and retrieve the logs. They said the logs revealed that it lost GPS, which they don't consider to be a failure. They said that I should have been able to recover and land it manually in spite of my description to them of the complete loss of control and unresponsiveness to flight control input. They wouldn't take care of me and refused to cover the damage. I did have them replace the 2 broken motors and gimbal but it cost me $350 plus shipping. I have not flown it since it was returned to me so I don't know if they fixed the issues or not. I'm actually afraid to fly it anywhere near people or property so I'm waiting for a chance to get way out in the open in case it does the same thing again.

You are doing the smartest thing. Once i lost signal and solo crashed hitting my car and not a person. I wouldnt fly it near people anymore.

it is not smart flying any uav near people. unless those people are all participants, understand the risks, and know what to do when things go wrong

it is not smart flying any uav near people. unless those people are all participants, understand the risks, and know what to do when things go wrong
Yep- when things go wrong run away and hide. Find somebody else to blame if you get caught.:confused:

Hey im Nathan
I have a similar problem
I was flying my drone and then my controller like restarted and my solo lost connection and wenr back home and suddenly just flew up and crashed in my neighbors yard

Hey im Nathan
I have a similar problem
I was flying my drone and then my controller like restarted and my solo lost connection and wenr back home and suddenly just flew up and crashed in my neighbors yard
Start another thread Nathan so that your problem is well attended :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc