Solo Fell Out of the Sky!

Reaction score
I had about 20 flights on my Solo, and I love it. I had the GoPro 4 Black and the Gimbal. Beautiful and smooth video! I had tested several times the Solo getting out of range, and it auto-returned perfectly every time. The other day I was testing my new Alfa antenna, and doing a distance test with the Solo. When it was just over 2000 ft away, with three of us watching, it just dropped out of the sky. Just went straight down.

And I have not been able to find it!!! Even after hours of searching.

Is there a way to download the logs, even when I don't have the Solo? If so, how?

Is there any way to determine the GPS coordinates where it fell, or lost connection with the controller?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

I had about 20 flights on my Solo, and I love it. I had the GoPro 4 Black and the Gimbal. Beautiful and smooth video! I had tested several times the Solo getting out of range, and it auto-returned perfectly every time. The other day I was testing my new Alfa antenna, and doing a distance test with the Solo. When it was just over 2000 ft away, with three of us watching, it just dropped out of the sky. Just went straight down.

And I have not been able to find it!!! Even after hours of searching.

Is there a way to download the logs, even when I don't have the Solo? If so, how?

Is there any way to determine the GPS coordinates where it fell, or lost connection with the controller?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Well, I finally remembered the WiFi password I had used, and reported an incident to 3DR. They quickly replied that it looked like the Solo hit a power line, and they gave me the coordinates. Within 20 feet of those coordinates, I found it!

Below power lines. At the time I was flying it, I was certain I had enough altitude. However the facts proved me wrong. PILOT ERROR!!!

The GoPro 4 Black just has some black on the LCD screen, which I can replace for about $20- Otherwise it works perfectly!!!

The Gimbal? Twisted like a piece of licorice.

Otherwise, on the drone itself, besides the 3 broken props, and the battery being about 10 feet away, the battery tray was somewhat lifted on the port-stern quarter. I put the battery in, started everything up, and to my amazement it passed all the pre-flight tests, and by hitting "fly," I was able to get all 4 motors to run (no props yet). I was amazed!

So I removed the battery tray, and determined the circuit board (name?) had lifted there. I removed all motor pods to free up the wires, and screws from the circuit board, (per YouTube Videos), moved things around a bit, and got it to settle down into it's proper place. I put it all back together the same way I took it apart and now the controller says something like, "Waiting for Solo." It never finds it. I tried numerous times, and yes, I am certain I did all the proper steps correctly, and in order.

The User Manual says "severe and permanent damage can result from doing a Factory Reset." So before I risk that, any suggestions on what, why, and how to fix? Or how to diagnose further?

Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela