Solo Cube (Pixhawk 2.0) modification for 5v PWM (safety, and ArduCopter compatibility)

put the firmware (ArduCopter-v3_3.5.4_Solo.px4) in the catalog /firmware,
rebooted the solo but the installation did not go, what did you do wrong?

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    7.1 MB · Views: 30
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 28
Yes sever/cut that trace correct..
It turned out, thanks for the help!

I stopped at the next, I do not understand why it is not installed?
Put the firmware (ArduCopter-v3_3.5.4_Solo.px4) in the catalog /firmware,
rebooted the solo but the installation did not go, what did you do wrong?
Waited a few minutes. May need to give a command to install?

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    7.1 MB · Views: 27
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 27
Or first make a reset or reinstall open solo? and after that try again to install ArduCopter-v3_3.5.4_Solo.px4?

Last edited:
Hi,
i do have the same problem as Dmitry.
The firmware file is in the /firmware folder of the 5v modded and to OpenSolo upgraded Solo, but it stays there after reboot and does not get installed.
Can somebody wiser than me please elaborate on that fact?
How do i get it installed? Is there a special command i have to give?
Could the problem be the binary transfer mode of winscp?

thanks in advance

I found the problem:
If you download just the raw file from github it does work. :rolleyes:
Sometimes one should just take a look into the files one downloads...
Sorry for bothering you all. :cool:

I found the problem:
If you download just the raw file from github it does work. :rolleyes:
Sometimes one should just take a look into the files one downloads...
Sorry for bothering you all. :cool:
which file exactly? this?
but I failed

Attachments

• px4.jpg
    px4.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I'm not sure what you're reading, but those installation packages haven't existed for a very long time.

The automatic installers in Solex will not work, since they will detect the stock cube and prohibit the installation. You will need to install firmware manually. Download it from here: OpenSolo/documentation. Right click the ArduCopter-v3_3.5.4_Solo.px4 file and save as to your PC. Then use WinSCP or whatever to drop it into the /firmware/ directory on the Solo. Reboot and let it install. You may need to reboot again if it doesn't complete after about 5 minutes. That happen on those older cubes sometimes.

After installation is complete and it reconnects, you will need to do a parameter reset and reboot. Level calibration and reboot. Compass calibration and reboot. And set all the various settings to your liking.

The bold part is not entirely correct.
If you rightclick on the "file" in the list, you download the whole webpage that shows some code, but you do want the whole code only.
if you left click on the "file" it shows this webpage. There you rightclick on ->RAW<- and save as to your PC. That downloads just the code, as you want it.
This file gets digested by the Solo Companion Board and updates the Pixhawk firmware.

The bold part is not entirely correct.
If you rightclick on the "file" in the list, you download the whole webpage that shows some code, but you do want the whole code only.
if you left click on the "file" it shows this webpage. There you rightclick on ->RAW<- and save as to your PC. That downloads just the code, as you want it.
This file gets digested by the Solo Companion Board and updates the Pixhawk firmware.
Will it be loaded correctly?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 25
I have the Opensolo 3.0 / Ardupilot 3.7-dev, but I have not yet made the modification to 5v. Can I do it without having to change anything in the firmware?

Can I do it without having to change anything in the firmware?

Maybe you are referring to this post? Using 3.7-dev? Change BRD_OPTIONS to zero before next flight

Not sure if thats fixed yet so hit up Matt @Pedals2Paddles for an answer to that since no one is replying to your post..

If you have 3.7 dev installed, there is no need to do the 5 volt mod at all??

As per Matts destructions...
ArduCopter 3.7 Dev Testing

"Stock/Black Cube Users: This will be a huge upgrade for you. You are leaping 3+ years into the future of ArduPilot from the old circa 2015 modified ArduCopter 3.2. This is the first time the slew rate limiting code has been brought into ArduCopter master, and as such is the first time you can safely fly it in a stock/black cube Solo. You are the most important test users! "

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc