Solo app used on Samsung tab 10.1 2.

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can get the solo app to download on my Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 2. I've tried manual download of the apk file and keep getting message " problem parising download. What that means.

I've just downloaded everything I need for my Android devices straight from the play store. This doesn't work anymore?

ah, you might have a non-google-play tablet - does anyone know if Solo requires Google Play Services, or should it work on any android distribution, e.g. amazon?

Just curious...but is it possible that many Android devices aren't compatible anymore? In that case you've always got Solex.

That's true, it might just be that this tablet has an Android version older than 4.3. Solex won't help in that case though, since it requires at least 4.4.

The Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 2 was released in 2012 and only supports up to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). The Solo app requires Android 4.3 plus.

There are a couple of options for the note 10.1 (N8000/N8013, which is what I fly with). Samsung has official OS upgrades available, but from other countries:

Update Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 to Android 4.4.2 Official KitKat XXUDNE4 Firmware

This will retain all of the note features and you can use the tab for more than just flying. It will operate just as you US firmware would, but with a more recent OS version. The second option is to root your device and install a custom ROM, but I'd suggest you avoid this unless you have experience in doing so.

Best of luck
Rob

There are a couple of options for the note 10.1 (N8000/N8013, which is what I fly with). Samsung has official OS upgrades available, but from other countries:

Update Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 to Android 4.4.2 Official KitKat XXUDNE4 Firmware

This will retain all of the note features and you can use the tab for more than just flying. It will operate just as you US firmware would, but with a more recent OS version. The second option is to root your device and install a custom ROM, but I'd suggest you avoid this unless you have experience in doing so.

Best of luck
Rob

I haven't looked into this but be careful which firmware you use. International versions can brick a US version and vice versa since a different chipset may be used in the same model device.

I don't think the Galaxy Tab and the Note 101 are the same thing, are they? Though you may be able to load the same flavor on both, not sure.

I have rooted and loaded Tab 7 with varying success.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150