Solo App issue when using 2.7k 60fps with a GoPro Hero 4 Black

Does your video feed become enlarged when hitting record using a GoPro Hero 4 Black at 2.7k, 60fps?

• Total voters
it seems the common thread is ios. can't you borrow an android phone from someone and try it out?

rolling back to such an old firmware seems weird.
3DR and GoPro had a major falling out. The GoPro firmware released after the falling out has been problematic with Solo. I do not think it's a coincidence.

it seems the common thread is ios. can't you borrow an android phone from someone and try it out?

rolling back to such an old firmware seems weird.

Yeah rolling back is weird but it doesn't look like there's much benefit to having v5 firmware, so I'm happy to do it. I will give what you suggest a try if I can get an Android device.

Just my 2c
I am using 2.7 @ 60 frames and GoPro records the video fine. Using an Android tablet. The first thing I did when getting my Hero 4 Black was rolling the firmware back to 3 after reading all comments in several forums.

The image shows very well in my tablet and also on my phone (both Android), which I used a couple times before buying a dedicated tablet.

Yeah rolling back is weird but it doesn't look like there's much benefit to having v5 firmware, so I'm happy to do it. I will give what you suggest a try if I can get an Android device.
If we roll back to v3 don't we loose ev compensation and the ability to lock the Iso? I don't believe this is a IOS issue. I have android and the stretching occurs on 2 separate devices, my lg v20 and my lg g pad 8. I am on v5 on my hero4 black.

If we roll back to v3 don't we loose ev compensation and the ability to lock the Iso? I don't believe this is a IOS issue. I have android and the stretching occurs on 2 separate devices, my lg v20 and my lg g pad 8. I am on v5 on my hero4 black.

Wow ok, thanks for that. I've asked 3DR for an update on the support ticket, still waiting to hear back.

We can setup the EV compensation in 3. Is there anything else regarding EV that we can do?

We can setup the EV compensation in 3. Is there anything else regarding EV that we can do?
My mistake, you are correct regarding the ev comp. If I recall being able to lock the iso is only available in v4 and up
If you want to lock the ISO use pro tune.
It is my understanding that the option to lock iso is only available in v4 and up... Which unfortunately introduces the stretch of the live feed with 2.7k 60, am I mistaken? Locking the iso is really important for reducing jello. I also disliked seeing the gopro adjust iso automatically during my recordings.

The less iso the better the quality.
Therefore, we lock the iso by 100. There is no this option on the 3rd firmware.
Or 4 or 5 firmware if you want quality

The less iso the better the quality.
Therefore, we lock the iso by 100. There is no this option on the 3rd firmware.
Or 4 or 5 firmware if you want quality

You can lock the ISO on firmware 3. You have to turn on protune and you can lock at whatever you want.

Bad quality? I think a lot of folks would disagree with you. Either way, you can set those settings manually on the firmware 3 dude. Just read that link. You can also lock shutter speeds dude.

You can admit you are wrong. It's ok. Just reach through that first post in the link.

Reactions: Dmitry
Bad quality? I think a lot of folks would disagree with you. Either way, you can set those settings manually on the firmware 3 dude. Just read that link. You can also lock shutter speeds dude.

You can admit you are wrong. It's ok. Just reach through that first post in the link.
This table was made before 5 firmware! You write down the ISO 400 and the shutter speed on the 3 firmware and on the ISO 100 with an exposure of 50 or 60. Of course in the protun. And look what you do. Noise is already on the iso 400 (Noticeably in the shadows). Iso 100 has always been considered and is considered the best for quality. I've been doing video for a long time and I know what I'm saying, believe me

Ya man, thats the point. You said you can't adjust manual settings on Firmware 3...when in fact you can.

You could adjust the ISO among a whole host of other things even before firmware 3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig