Because the Master Airscrew props are separate from the nuts, isn't there a danger of putting a wrong orientation propeller on the wrong motor? ie a prop intended to be turning clockwise inadvertently put on a motor turning counter-clockwise? with the Solo props, that mistake isn't possible because the nut is integral with the prop. I just wondered about that and was curious how others dealt with that challenge.

I have put the Master Airscrew props on backwards before. It causes the Solo to not take off at all. The thrust it reversed when they are backward. You get used to it quickly though, I figured out that the black nuts go with the "R" props and silver with the other props.

Reactions: Wetstone
Because the Master Airscrew props are separate from the nuts, isn't there a danger of putting a wrong orientation propeller on the wrong motor? ie a prop intended to be turning clockwise inadvertently put on a motor turning counter-clockwise? with the Solo props, that mistake isn't possible because the nut is integral with the prop. I just wondered about that and was curious how others dealt with that challenge.
I used a small amount of silicone to hold the nuts in place.

Just use a very small dab of CA on each nut first use. Now they are permanently attached!

I love the ma props but I turned it over on the ground and broke 4 of them

View media item 625
Very strong props. After an inversion on coral rock dirt my 3DR did not shut down right away. Props Still flew after but did nick the blades slightly so i replaced eventually for better video after I learned how to fly manually at ground level.

I had the opposite experience with the MA props... suddenly jello in my footage. I tried to balance them without much luck. Even bought a second set. Maybe I wasn't so good at the static and dynamic balancing, but should that be a necessary step for a "better" prop?

I put the stock props back on and the jello disappeared. No, I haven't modified the HDMI cable.

Anyone run the folding props with much luck?

What is CA? I might just get some.

CA is super glue.
Use just a bit and don't get any on the threads
I think it will be difficult to unbalance the props if you use equal amounts on each edge of the nut, especially since the nut is so close to the center of rotation.
I glue the nuts and install the props right away (with a test flight for good measure).
It wouldn't be hard to install the props incorrectly, so gluing the nuts really helps.

Reactions: Martin Vendrame
Not optimal for gimbal for use in sport and such modes, but thats my opinion. Can't afford the hero 4 (which when the hero 3 is updated, it won't work with the gimbal) so, to answer your question. No.

You can get the gimbal to work with a Git2 camera which is a lot cheaper than the gopro. Shooting video with it is about the same as what you're doing now, but you can also get smartshots and other nice features to work with it.

CA is super glue.
Use just a bit and don't get any on the threads
I think it will be difficult to unbalance the props if you use equal amounts on each edge of the nut, especially since the nut is so close to the center of rotation.
I glue the nuts and install the props right away (with a test flight for good measure).
It wouldn't be hard to install the props incorrectly, so gluing the nuts really helps.

I glue the nuts on as it makes it a lot easier and less prone to mistakes in putting them on the wrong way. Once you put the nuts on you can balance the props and then balance the nut too. There are videos on youtube by the basic pilot on how to do this.

It looks pretty cool!

6378970cfbb8a4c36c0c83a7a1811e33.jpg
a69f63e5493b162ffd26929f4e36b298.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig