Solex Missions, Tower, Mission Planner, or QGroundControl

Reaction score
Hi All,

I purchased Solex but didn't realize Missions was extra. My fault for not reading close enough. Before purchasing it I was hoping get feedback from anyone out there that has experience with some of the other apps. Any opinions?

QGroundControl is winning so far for me but if there is something that one of them offers over the others I would be very interested in hearing about it. I am still trying to determine how battery swaps are handled for each of these.

Thanks

I love Solex but don’t use it for missions. I prefer Mission Planner but it only works on a PC. MP is a VERY capable ( and free) program. If you need something that runs on Android, look into Tower. Very easy to use.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
I love Solex but don’t use it for missions. I prefer Mission Planner but it only works on a PC. MP is a VERY capable ( and free) program. If you need something that runs on Android, look into Tower. Very easy to use.
Yep, Tower is a good, free app. Not sure how it stacks up against Solex missions.

no problem, I have used both, don't remember when the last time I opened tower. Solex does it all. Not to mention the folks that are spending time by developing for a platform the manufacturer abandoned are worthy of support.

Download Tower and see if it meets your needs. If not, that may convince you to get Solex missions.

I can't find anything in the user manual about what it has to offer besides these notes. Tower works fine for me right now so I plan on sticking with it.

* Missions:
- Spline Points
- Surveys
- ROIs
- Associate actions with waypoints for totally repeatable shots

Reactions: Housspin and Arny58
Solex has a confusing interface for missions, it feels like a total afterthought

Solex has a confusing interface for missions, it feels like a total afterthought

I think you are the first to comment on the program who actually owns the Missions add on so thank you! Heaven forbid if we say anything negative about solex on this forum. All the pitchforks come out.

I think you are the first to comment on the program who actually owns the Missions add on so thank you! Heaven forbid if we say anything negative about solex on this forum. All the pitchforks come out.
you are incorrect again, I have missions and I posted before. I think you are looking for others to help tell you its not worth it. So sorry, it is

I will gladly chime in here a minute. Been using Tower for a year and a half, quickly approaching 400 flights. It works fine but has a few glitches every now and then. Main one is it crashes periodically, such is life. Iv used Mission Planner alot with another system and its great for the larger systems with a lot longer flights, for Solo I dont bother with it. Iv used Q Ground Control just a little and have no complaints really but need more time to develop a real opinion. I bought Solex Missions when it first came out and had issues with it out of the gate working correctly with camera selection and proper flight lines. Been working with Kelly to get those issues fixed in the last couple weeks and they are now done. I havent had a chance due to cold to get out and fly it to test the numbers but it looks right at this point. The main reason that I have worked with Kelly to get it fixed is that I have 80 pilots flying Solo's out there now and I want to train one app instead of 2(Solo App and Tower) in training.

I wouldnt feel bad spending a few bucks to buy Missions now. The Geotagging will be even better in the near future as well for us that are purist in our photogrammetry work. This is also very exciting to me as it will cut down the workflow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc