Solex for Solo

I've upgraded to 1.3.0

Upon first note checking through parameters it seams the flight speed always alters on initial start up to middle of the slider.

I have mine set as fast as it will go.

When I started solex it altered it.

So I put it back, then rebooted solex and it had altered it back again.

Is there a glitch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to test this new release in the air tomorrow, but right now I am just trying before flying. I will update this post after flying.

Fly Me There (from maps)
Noticed a few problems with this.
  1. Once the "guided point" is set, there doesn't seem to be a consistent way to clear/change it. I got it to move sometimes, but most of the time it is stuck where it is.
  2. How does the height work? My guided point says "Altitude 0.0 in", and when I press "Fly Me There", it says "Target Altitude is 0, correcting to 0.0 in". Is this just because I am on the ground now, or is this thing going to put the solo into the ground when I test it?
  3. Sometimes, the maps will zoom in on the guided point, and just get stuck there. If you try to scroll or zoom, it will pop back to the guided point. You can't clear, move, or even fly to the guided point when this happens, and the map is rendered useless. They only way to use maps again is to turn off guided points in the layers menu.
Can't Play This Video
This bug still occurs, please reference my previous posts. It seems to be a bit more repeatable now; it only seems to occur when going back to the main screen from the flight screen.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7 inch (2016 version)
Android 5.1.1
Solex 1.3.0

These are the latest "Flight UI Walkthrough" videos for Solex
These are about 3 weeks old, the the latest update isn't include.d
Here is a opportunity to contribute, Upload a Video with the New features in V1.3.0
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Part 1
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Part 2

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: speatuk
Multiple issues after upgrade to 1.3 even uninstalled and tried again. Cable Cams record and fly back immediately just fine. Going to Saved Shots cause "fly me there" to flash momentarily and then disappears.

Follow/Record records but no "fly me there" appears to get back to start. Pano still not working.

No map view even with a freshly saved offline map this has always been iffy for me.

Running on a 2013 Nexus 7 that flies the Solo app without issues.

New features were more stable back a version at least for me.

Kelly Schrock shared a link.
Just now
Happy 1.3.1 Day. To commemorate it, Solex 1.3.1 is out.

Here's some details about it:

. TapToFly

The last TapToFly was basically "Fly me there" after clicking on a marker on the video screen. Having built it, I thought it was kind of "meh", so now it's different. You still long-press on the video screen to start the process, but now you get to actually see where you're going instead of having the "Fly me there" panel sitting in the way. You can pan around while you fly, move the gimbal, etc. which makes it sort of like a zipline Smart Shot without starting the Zipline Smart Shot.

. Prevent "fly me there" with an active Geofence

Chris Lumsden found in the last version that it was possible to "Fly me there" to a point outside of an active fence, which is not a good thing. You can't do that now.
1f642.png
:)

. Fixed "0.0 in" altitude displayed on Fly-me-there map labels

When you click a location with no altitude to fly to it, the little label on the map would display "Altitude 0.0 in", which makes it look like Solex is going to fly the copter into the ground. It doesn't do that, but now it also doesn't *look* like it's going to do that.

. Speed control on "Fly Me There"

Fly Me There now has a speed control on it.

. Fixed a few errors in "Fly me there"

During testing for these features, I noticed some things the app was doing that it shouldn't be doing. I can't remember what they were by now, but I do know that it's no longer doing them, so that's an improvement.
1f642.png
:)

One note about the speed adjustments in Fly Me There and TapToFly: Currently, the only way to switch speeds in Guided mode is by setting the WPNAV_SPEED parameter on the copter, and toggling out of (and back into) Guided mode. This leads to a sort of "stumble" during flight, so I'm going to see about adapting the "cruise speed" stuff from Smart Shots for use here. Then speed changes will be smoother and won't involve an automatic switch to Fly:Manual when changing speed. The 2 cases of "Fly:Manual" you see in the video below are what I mean. I'd prefer that it didn't do that.

Happy flying!

Solex Tap2Fly Demo

Just a quick demo of Tap2Fly in Solex. Lets you fly along a straight line while panning around and adjusting speed. Similar to the Zipline shot, without runn...
YOUTUBE.COM

Reactions: speatuk
So why do we need tower now?

Fantastic Kelly.

This is just amazing.
I'm just so peed off the weather is so bad here in uk. I really really can't wait to try this.

Solex is just getting better and better.

Happy 1.3.1 day.

Oh my lord,

What are we to expect in v1.3.2?

Thank you so much for your hard work.

-Steve

Tower still has some things that Solex doesn't. That's not to say I prefer Tower over it. I like both for different reasons. Plus I'm used to Solex being a DIYer with a Pixhawk rig and all.

Question about LED controls in Solex.

I bought and downloaded Solex, but I haven't flown with it yet. I was able to connect to wifi and to Solo. I could see and control the camera and gimbal. As i continued to play around, I tried adjusting the LED settings. I could choose a different than stock setting but nothing changed at Solo, remained with the stock white/red configuration. If I left the LED controls panel and came back the settings I had indicated previously were not saved. I'm using a generic Insignia 10.1 tablet and it has been fully functional with the Solo App so I would suspect it would be the same for Solex. TIA.

I just got back from flying with Solex for the first time. I switched back to the Solo App by the third battery since many things were not functioning correctly.

1. I could not get any of the smart shots to work. I could get them set and started, the Solo just would not do what the smart shot says it could or should be doing.

2. I lost camera control. I could see live video. I could start recording, once. After I recorded a video and stopped recording I could never get it to start recording again. The camera was confirmed to be on.

3. A couple of times I could not exit the smart shot screen. I had to stop the app and reopen it to get back to normal flying. I lost camera control each time I did this. I could see live video but I could not start and stop recording.

I did not try to take stills.

Hero 3+. Tablet is an Insignia 10.1 inch. Tablet runs Android 6 (Marshmallow).

Last edited:
I just got back from flying with Solex for the first time. I switched back to the Solo App by the third battery since many things were not functioning correctly.

Solex is hit or miss for me also recently. Earlier version seemed more consistent. New features are nice but stability is crucial.

1.3.2 just released with a couple bug fixes

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

I flew with Solex again today. I got the LED controls to work but the smart shots still do not work. I think I need to try again with my phone to make sure the issue is not just my tablet.

Galaxy Tab 4 (SM-T337A)
Android 5.1.1
Solex Version 1.30/1.3.1
GoPro Hero 4 Black Version 3.0

@Kelly Schrock, just wanted to report a minor bug, not sure if it's a gopro issue or not, but if I am recording video, the record toggle shows a red square of course, but certain events will cause solex to forget that the gopro is recording and the toggle turns off, displaying a red circle despite the gopro still recording.

I believe the events include leaving the flight screen to change vehicle setting and then returning to the flight screen, manually triggering return to home, or changing flight modes.

Hey, thanks for the report. What it's supposed to do there is set the recording button's status according to what the camera reports it's doing when the screen opens up. I'll take a look at it and make sure it's still doing that. Thanks!

Hey, thanks for the report. What it's supposed to do there is set the recording button's status according to what the camera reports it's doing when the screen opens up. I'll take a look at it and make sure it's still doing that. Thanks!

Took a look, and found the problem. I had moved some things around to make the code easier to maintain, and this ended up getting broken during the move. The good part is that the code is easy to maintain, so fixing this was easy. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso