Solex for Solo

I understand wanting to support solex but I also have 4fly and I extremely pleased with it, Goggle's control gimbal autonomously by tilting, really pretty amazing.

unable to get ready to arm red box at top of app to leave ounce armed just stays there blocking telemetry

So, Geotagging pictures, how does it work?? Just want to know before I spend the money.

Wait till Kelly gets back, He may answer sooner.
Update to to latest, If that doesn't work, then Wait For Kelly.
The work around so far is a Reboot
no worries i'm pretty sure the last update 1.5.6 is the problem it was was listed in the what's new that better error arm messages was a fix but I think something got screwed up in the code a full system reboot is what i'm trying to avoid has this happened to you reno

unable to get ready to arm red box at top of app to leave ounce armed just stays there blocking telemetry

I am having the same issue with v 1.5.6 of Solex. When going into flight mode, it says at the top "ready to arm"... when arming for takeoff, and with props spinning, the "ready to arm" message does not go away and is blocking alt/speed and other info that is important info when flying.

I am having the same issue with v 1.5.6 of Solex. When going into flight mode, it says at the top "ready to arm"... when arming for takeoff, and with props spinning, the "ready to arm" message does not go away and is blocking alt/speed and other info that is important info when flying.

Same here same version

Perhaps I'm daft, but I've got a couple of questions I need answers to.

Will the geo tag feature work with other survey apps like pix4d?

Do I need to purchase the mission upgrade as well for geo tag to work?

Does the mission section have survey settings where it will let you adjust photo rate, etc?

I've only ever used pix4d, but would really like to do everything in Solex if I could.

no worries i'm pretty sure the last update 1.5.6 is the problem it was was listed in the what's new that better error arm messages was a fix but I think something got screwed up in the code a full system reboot is what i'm trying to avoid has this happened to you reno
Yes it happens every once in a while.
Haven't updated to latest yet.
I just rebooted, & everything would work again.
Kelly will fix it Guaranteed.

Kelly Schrockto Solo Mod Club
24 mins ·
What happens in Vegas, ends up in Solex 1.5.7.

A fair bit of this was written in a hotel room while I was in Vegas at Interdrone.

Small image import improvement

When you're importing images for geotagging, the previous version of Solex required that the files you're tagging be in the root directory of the imported zip file. A lot of OS zipping utilities seem to want to embed a directory into a zip file when it's created, like when you right-click on a folder and say "Make archive" or whatever. It's kind of pain to prevent them from doing that, so I updated Solex so it just finds the zip files in a directory whether they're in a subdirectory or not, and puts them in the right place.

Guidance UI popup fix

So I was on a plane on the way to InterDrone, bored. I was playing with my tablet, and turned "Don't keep activities" on in Developer options. Then I switched away from Solex to another app, and back again, and BOOM. There was the Guidance UI, stuck on the screen. This has been an annoyance for a while, and I hadn't been able to reproduce it. So that was nice. So when I landed in Vegas, I fixed it.

"ready to arm" message fix

In an effort to display more autopilot messages, I let an extra one slip through. As it turns out, Solo sends a ton of "ready to arm" messages when it's ready to arm. Also, when it IS armed. And when it's flying. And when it's landing. Also when it has landed. And at all other times. Except when
it isn't ready to arm, which is almost never. So now you're hearing about it constantly, which gets in the way of everything else. So that should be fixed now. This is the main reason for pushing an update more quickly than usual.

Smart Shot end handling

The whole time it's been out on the market, Solex has always sent a command to switch to FLY mode when a shot ends. It turns out it's not necessary to do that, since the Solo switches to Fly on its own when I send it a "You're not doing a shot" message. Explicitly switching to Fly, as Matt Lawrence found, is kind of problematic since it interferes with switching to some other mode like Solo might want to do. So that's been removed.

Package update improvements

There are some large packages coming for the Solo, and the app handles them OK. However, it doesn't look like it's doing anything when the time required to scan and unpack them is large. So now you get more progress messages while all of that is going on. Also, a preinstall or post-install script can return a non-zero (error) exit code and abort the installation process. This is important in case something goes wrong with the installation.

Reactions: andrew.baker.142

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000