Solex for Solo

Kelly, its not the app, its me. I just have not spent enough time with it. I am sure I could get it all figured out if I spent more time flying it
Well, don't hesitate to ask if you run into anything. I'm working to keep it easy to figure out while I'm adding features. :)

Reactions: Chuck and SteveReno
Well, don't hesitate to ask if you run into anything. I'm working to keep it easy to figure out while I'm adding features. :)
I really want to press that buy button. I just hate to lose warranty it the Solo does something dumb.

I really want to press that buy button. I just hate to lose warranty it the Solo does something dumb.

Pretty sure 3DR won't be able to tell if it was being controlled by the Solo app or Solex. Maybe they could tell you were using Tower by looking at the last loaded mission, but the truth is that their new modus operands sees to be deny service for any reason the can dream up, so it won't really matter if it was Solex or not.

Just go to a big open field to get acquainted with how Solex works and be ready to hit the pause button if it's doing something unexpected. Just like the 3DR app, pause will instantly override the app and stop it in it's tracks.

Hello do you have intention to create a panorama automatic function into Solex?
That could be very fun!
;)

To Kelly,

Were you one of the coders for this bird? Or any others? It sure is nice to see someone that can turn around and fix, add or upgrade features within hours or days instead of weeks and months. I think you might have a niche market.

Just curious

To Kelly,

Were you one of the coders for this bird? Or any others? It sure is nice to see someone that can turn around and fix, add or upgrade features within hours or days instead of weeks and months. I think you might have a niche market.

Just curious

Hi Don, nope, I'm just a developer who's been around a while, and I like drones. :) Aside from this, I've done a bit of work for a company in New Zealand (Aero Kontiki fishing) on their drone. I've had a great time doing this. Thanks!

Reactions: Don H.
Hey, while we're talking about Solex, I'm looking for someone running a Moto X phone who's seen the app crashing. There's an issue I've seen pop up on the developer console, and it's happening on the Moto X Pure. I can see the details of the crash, and it's happening in an underlying library. The strange part is that the offending code isn't even in the same spot in my library (which has code in place specifically to avoid the crash that's being reported). So I'm looking for someone with a Moto X who would be interested in trying a few things with the goal of nailing this problem down. Thanks!

Reactions: EROC
Forgot who, but asked about add ons, updates, fixes & New Features that Kelly has included in Solex as to date:
Note: "Ver. 1.1.5 updates & Fixes not included in list below"

Smart Shots:
  • Follow/Manual: Touch an object on the screen to follow
  • Follow/Record: Record a flight path and follow it later
  • Follow/Remote: Follow users who are broadcasting their locations via companion app
  • Follow/Me: Normal Follow like Solo app
  • Orbit: Like 3DR Solo app, except easier to position the start point
  • Cable Cam: Like 3DR Solo app
  • Selfie: Like the 3DR Solo app (improved version coming in an update)
  • Zipline: Like the 3DR Solo app
  • Pano: Like the 3DR Solo app
  • HDR Photo: Take EV-bracketed shots
Spot Mode: Point at an object and lock the gimbal to follow it during manual flight

Tap to save location:

Tap the GPS location shown on screen, and name it and save a snapshot of it. It's saved in a flight log.
  • You can open flight logs later and fly to the saved locations by tapping them on a map.
  • Tap the GPS location shown on screen, and name it and save a snapshot of it. It's saved in a flight log
  • You can open flight logs later and fly to the saved locations by tapping them on a map.
Sharing:
  • You can share all of the files created by Solex including fences, cable cams, flight logs, Follow/Record flight.
  • sessions, etc. Useful for sharing with others, or for backups and import on new devices.

UI User Interface"

HUD view: Clear all decorations off the screen and display flight status in a HUD view.

uncategorised
  • Full GoPro support for Hero3+ Black, Hero 4 Silver and Hero 4 Black.
  • Periodically speak flight status as you fly (like Tower does).
  • Basic flight stats: Track total distance and total flight time
  • Show on-screen GPS location as UTM coordinates
  • Record TLOG files
  • Change LED colors
  • Kill switch: Instantly stop motors (disabled/hidden by default for obvious reasons)
  • Geofences: Create and store geofences in multiple locations
  • Support for connecting to multiple Solos (one at a time of course)
  • Calculates/displays remaining flight time based on battery draw during a flight
  • Calculates distance from home when warning about low battery
  • On-screen EV comp adjustment
Kelly, Please slow down! Your going for a Blowout!

Solex Spot Mode Demo
Solex 1.1.5 has Spot Mode, a way to lock the gimbal on a target on the ground so it tries to point at it while you fly around manually. It makes it easier to keep the camera pointed at an item of interest without having to operate the paddle. When you want to operate the gimbal manually again, just hit the button to turn Spot mode off.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc