Solex firmware updates menu procedural changes

Hello thanks for all your work for Solo and for us Solo users. I am having trouble with the green cube installation and will try to explain what I've done. I have probably made mistakes, but in my defence, I will say that I wasn't in a hurry. Probably, I overthought some simple statements and got confused.It's what I always do.
This is what I did.

1. Updated both controller and solo through 3DR app.
2. Connected to Solo network with Solex app.
3. Disconnected and downloaded firmware.
4. Installed green cube and tried to install firmware on it and on controller.
5. Restarted them both and waited half an hour. Controller opens with Open Solo but drone just sat there for the whole time. Not sure anymore exactly what it was doing(it was a couple of days ago) It was beeping intermittently and flashing lights. I could never pair it with the controller.
6. Took the green cube out and reinstalled black cube. I think I tried to install Open Solo on it. Still no luck and no pairing. Now I can't seem to factory reset it...
7. In all honesty, this is what I think I did but I could be remembering wrong... I'm sorry!!!

8. So today. Sitting in front of me is my drone with the battery out and drone opened up. I am connected to my green cube via usb to my desktop. Mission Planner shows connected via com14. Can I get any files off of my drone that would help explain what's going on?

UPDATE: Okay, I've made progress. Got it done, actually. Just have to test fly, yet. I guess I was careful in all the wrong areas and careless in the right ones. So I ealier I must have read some old documentation from somewhere else and I didn't watch that whole youtube clip...my bad... Now, I must admit it seems simple... sigh.... thanks for that video...

Reactions: Flasher
I guess i'm too newbie to help you out but i just managed to install the green cube using Matt's latest Green Cube install instructions :
documentation/README.md at master · OpenSolo/documentation · GitHub
-seperate updating of the IMX6 is no longer needed and the instructions are very clear - sometimes the waiting times are rather long which makes you think updating went wrong but as Matt says be patient and don't touch anything till the right moment....
So when you manage to reset your Solo to the initial state with the black cube start with installing Open Solo 2.3 rc3, calibrate and test fly your Solo and when it flies ok proceed from point 2 of the new Green Cube Installation instructions onward - also watch the video on YouTube where Matt explains the whole procedure very clearly.....
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
good luck !
Thanks for the advice. I think I've got it done. Just the test flight left!

Reactions: Flasher
I know this is a 3 year old thread. I just pulled a SOLO out of storage and I want to fly it. It is a new unused unit, and I am looking for some guidance here.

Are there any updated instructions etc. to download the firmware update using SOLEX etc etc etc? Help.

I know this is a 3 year old thread. I just pulled a SOLO out of storage and I want to fly it. It is a new unused unit, and I am looking for some guidance here.

Are there any updated instructions etc. to download the firmware update using SOLEX etc etc etc? Help.
Im also a noob but the solex instructions were quite clear. Get the batteries charged, download the controller and app updates downloaded in solex and push the update to the solo first then the controller... There's a few steps im omitting but its best you read through the instructions. Opensolo 4 is great.

Be aware if you haven't flown this unit the batteries are dated and theres some imminent issues that will cause things to go badly as the cells get old. Other threads in the forums talk about a couple work-arounds and some off-the-shelf options. For now just do your updates and take it very easy on yoru flight times while listening to any warnings solex gives you about batteries as it's inevitable every lipo battery dies and all these cells were made a half-decade ago

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela