Software

Reaction score
What's the best software to use to edit the sound of my drone in air and put music in the background?

Not sure. I have heard premire pro is good. Don't edit on desktop because mine is very slow.

DaVinci Resolve is professional quality for PCs and it's free. But you need a video card in the computer, and it takes a bit of learning. Just follow tutorials on YouTube.

Reactions: 3drboy4life
What's the best software to use to edit the sound of my drone in air and put music in the background?

Hey, I thought I would add my 2 cents worth here. I am an Acoustical Engineer (M. Ac.Eng.) and mixing engineer/tech semi-retired out of Nashville. I think I have used most of what is available out there at some time or another, lol. So here's my 2 cents worth...

1) AUDIO

"PRO QUALITY" POST EDITING SUGGESTIONS...

Top of the line? ProTools. Hands down. I use an LE version at home. It costs, but if you are into top of the line. I personally think it would be WAY overkill for anything but serious Videography for Documentaries, etc. But it rocks!

I also like Sonar, although that's personal. Quite simply because for me, tie is money, and Sonar is really intuitive.

I would also have to add in Adobe Audition. Although it's a really different interface, it's robust DAW engine is awesome.

CONSUMER-TYPE POST EDITING...

Sound Forge entry level editing software is awesome.

Gold Wave, and a few others.

FREE? Audacity seems to be the best one so far.

2) VIDEO

I use two on the high end: ADOBE PREMIER PRO (CC) and Final Cut Pro. They are both amazing with BOTH audio and video.

Medium level but excellent is Vegas Movie Studio Platinum.

Not sure about the free ones.

NOISE REDUCTION: Sound Forge has a Noise Reduction suite that REALLY WORKS WELL for taking out the drone rotor sounds in video. It's essentially a notch filter, but it REALLY does a great job. You allow the software to profile the noise that you want to filter out. Then you set up a filter. (I named mine "drone filter 01"). Because the pitch of the props changes, you may have to fiddle a little, but once you're locked in, man that prop sound just goes away.

A FINAL NOTE:

As a professional, if you are going to be constantly doing video, audio, and still editing, taking time to learn the Adobe "big 3", PREMIER PRO, PHOTOSHOP, AUDITION (...and LightRoom for still shots...it's faster than photoshop once you learn it) is the best bet. The big advantage is that Adobe lets you work on projects cross platform, so you could essentially work sound in Audition, import into Premier, do some photoshop magic and import that into premier as well. Direct, raw file import saves a lot of time. Hope this helps out.

Keep Calm and Fly On!
K

Doe anyone know of a mobile editor that can do color correction?

Thanks! I think it was renamed to action director. That was what came up anyway. Action director can do color correction so thank you pyrate!

Doe anyone know of a mobile editor that can do color correction?

Not sure if this is what you are looking for by I have a GNARBOX I supported from Kickstarter. It is a hardware device that is used to copy/backup and edit photos/ videos. I have not done much more with it than backing up my files while away from home but it has some powerful editing tools in the iOS/Android app.
The GNARBOX was designed for the GoPro crowd on the go and is really a nice piece of gear. Well made and durable. They have a great website if you google them.

I have Filmora, not free, $35. I think the free puts a watermark on the output. A registered one also has music.
I was looking at the specs page for Windows and it only says 2GHz and 2GB ram. I have a 5-year old laptop with 2.3 GHZ and 8 GB and a NVIDEA 1GB card.

That spec won't let me edit anything above 2.7k GoPro footage even in Studio.

I don't know what your machine specs are of course, but is Filmora less demanding the GP Studio do you think and how do you find its performance?

It does look pretty good on the website clips, so I should just try the demo guess (!) but would welcome your experience too pls.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig