Software

Desktop PC
The humble Windows Movie Maker allows you to slide the volume slider of the video to zero. However this option only becomes available once you've selected an audio track. And for what it's worth, when adding audio, WMM offers access to free tracks.

Reactions: 3drboy4life
I was looking at the specs page for Windows and it only says 2GHz and 2GB ram. I have a 5-year old laptop with 2.3 GHZ and 8 GB and a NVIDEA 1GB card.

That spec won't let me edit anything above 2.7k GoPro footage even in Studio.
I don't know what your machine specs are of course, but is Filmora less demanding the GP Studio do you think and how do you find its performance?

It does look pretty good on the website clips, so I should just try the demo guess (!) but would welcome your experience too pls.

I used Filmora with my XiaoMi Yi that had only 1k max on an old Compac 8 year old desktop computer, it was slow, but worked. On getting the GoPro I tried installing the GoPro movie software, but failed, it requires Windows 64 to install, my Compac was 32 bit.

In the meantime my Compac died, so I bought a new 64 bit Windows computer and installed the free GoPro software on it and use that now. I haven't figured how to transfer Filmora to my new computer yet. This can be an exhausting hobby.

GOPRO QUICK. IT IS SUPER SIMPLE, drop the film clips in, pick music and the app does the rest

Reactions: 3drboy4life
your hardware limitations is an issue but you can work within those parameters

hitfilm express 4 is out and is free this may be exactly what you need. your audio application is a simple audio duc with a music track.

the issue is shunting audio back and forth between apps for video and then sync again is a timewaster for your low end application which is home stuff so try Vegas movie studio. basic and easy to use cost a few bucks.

for heavy weight audio, Pro Tools or Vegas but you need plugins like izotope, plural eyes etc for Vegas. Heads-up for heavy weight editors you can also migrate audio directly in Vegas to external audio apps LIVE and the updated audio will be in Vegas in fact everything from visual 3D apps like Boris red to audio = everything is live so any changes from the client requires no pre-renders etc. no proxies either if you have a server

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig