So long fellas !

Its a running joke on here :) November !

Have no idea. Best guess is you might have it the first week of August.

@rrmccabe - it's like Cheers here... Everyone knows your name and you never really leave...

Watching all this unfold - I have gotten VERY comfortable sitting on this fence.

Thanks guys. In the end 3DR showed me they are not DJI.

There is a lot of left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing with them but eventually it comes around.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I've only just got to this thread as I only drop by now and then, are you still a Solo owner @rrmccabe? I known you've been following the Solo and posting for a good while.

Chris Anderson posted on Twitter that the gimbal was due in a month and that was the end of June so I'm fairly confident people in the US at least will see them before August.

Yes, 3DR just replaced the one that bricked after update. All good now. Just waiting on gimbal.

Based on past experience I would assume by time 3DR gets the gimbal and gets it shipped to us it will be first week of August. Makes sense since they told me they were shooting for end of July.

Yes, 3DR just replaced the one that bricked after update. All good now. Just waiting on gimbal.

Based on past experience I would assume by time 3DR gets the gimbal and gets it shipped to us it will be first week of August. Makes sense since they told me they were shooting for end of July.

Hmmm, have you actually flown the new Solo?

Yes, three flights.

Flies fine. GPS works but it might be slightly slower. Cant get the range I did before but could be conditions.

I had issues with my controller after the second update. It would not connect thus no wifi connection. Even after factory resets. There is a little yellow light inside of the controller that you can see if you peek in the rear vent. It should be blinking but mine is solid. Tech support was really helpful but could not solve the problem. They issued me a RMF number and I will be getting a new one when I send mine back via their Fedex. I will be optimistic and hope the next one will be great. I thoroughly enjoyed flying it twice before being grounded. I am a beginner but felt like a pro flying it.

See you. I might be returning my Solo as well. As soon as they send me the replacement from a crash. I had a burnout esc and the Solo crashed into the water with my Gopro. I retrieved it. (It was only a few feet from the shore). 3DR said they would be sending me a RMA over a week ago but nothing but emails. I bought a Yuneec Q500+. Love the stability of the gimbal. It is slow however but at least I can work on it.

@RossDaniel and @flyer4life

Well guys I hope it works out and I am sure it will. They did follow through and ship me a new one. It was frustrating as one 3DR employee would tell me one thing and the next one the total opposite. That was my real frustration with them.

One thing I appreciated is they did not get hung up on a bunch of company policy as most company's do.

I am loving the P3 I bought last week and it works just about perfect in every way. However I knew going in that that it was a DJI product, the support absolutely sucks and if something happens there is probably no warranty. I am just out. That's a lot of risk but my V+ went a few hundred flights and over 500 miles and kept on ticking. If it had flown away at the end I had definitely got my enjoyment out of it.

Stop over any time. Have a cold one if @Sarah B hasnt drank all of it :)

Just got this email.

Rich,

Sorry for calling late I had a couple of 3 hrs meeting so I got kinda busy.
I got 2 theories of what may be causing the issue you are having.
I left you a voicemail explaining let me know if you want to try the troubleshoot or proceed with the refund as you are in your right.
But I can also have a new solo shipped to you overnight to change the one you have and this solo would be tested by our RMA department.

Gary Gregory
[Tech Support Engineer
Hey guys.. I've had a Solo on order for 6 weeks. If Rich doesn't want the replacement unit can you send it to me?
Regards, Scott [email protected]

I took the replacement.

Have you tried your local best buys?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea