So... How are you transporting Solo?

if I use an Ipad, hopefully I can record into it, via the solo App so I won/t have to remove the SD card so often.
Recording from the app would be at a lower resolution that is fixed at 720p. Also, any interference or weak signal would also show on your video. Best to pull from the SD card. Fortunately, while you will have to remove the GoPro, it looks like it will be a pretty quick snap in/out procedure. (hoping it's as easy as it looks!..)

thank You for the info.

Recording from the app would be at a lower resolution that is fixed at 720p. Also, any interference or weak signal would also show on your video. Best to pull from the SD card. Fortunately, while you will have to remove the GoPro, it looks like it will be a pretty quick snap in/out procedure. (hoping it's as easy as it looks!..)

Fortunately, while you will have to remove the GoPro, it looks like it will be a pretty quick snap in/out procedure. (hoping it's as easy as it looks!..)

Yea I think it will. Be pretty hard to screw that up !

:confused:

Hi

woudl the gimbal and gopro fit attached to the Solo in that case?

They both do however I found myself forgetting to turn off the Go Pro after placing the Solo in the case and one time the Go Pro got extremely hot so now post flight I remove the Go Pro and place the Go Pro and its battery in their proper slots.

I really like the layout of the B&H case. If I keep the Solo that might be the case I go with.

Man your still debating until gimbal I know but you'll have more in accessories for solo than you'll get back returning it soon buddy. I'm kinda in the same boat but the gimbal would have to be unfixable with updates, like some junk hardware for me to return solo most likely. Long as it does pretty well I'll stick around since I'm pretty confident they'll do all they can to make it right. Here's hoping it's perfect for us all cause most all the owners here have a whole lot invested in solo beside solo itself, come on 3dr make us proud.

Man your still debating until gimbal I know but you'll have more in accessories for solo than you'll get back returning it soon buddy. I'm kinda in the same boat but the gimbal would have to be unfixable with updates, like some junk hardware for me to return solo most likely. Long as it does pretty well I'll stick around since I'm pretty confident they'll do all they can to make it right. Here's hoping it's perfect for us all cause most all the owners here have a whole lot invested in solo beside solo itself, come on 3dr make us proud.
As long as video is good I will keep it. Otherwise will just fly the wide ones ;)

Have the dbs antenna coming Saturday. If it flies a couple miles that might enthuse me too !

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Yup hope for both our and a bunch of others sake that the gimbals good otherwise solo made quite a bit of money for Samsung,Apple,gopro,fpvlr&DBS,and a list of others even if returned. Were all going to have a good size expensive pile of stuff that we probably wouldn't have bought at least not yet if it wasn't for solo. Most of those companies didn't really need the sales but I'm sure are happy to make em. All this makes for a more difficult decision to make once we get our gimbals for sure. Either it's a great aerial platform and 3dr keep our payments or not and we get that money back but have another grand or more in stuff to find other birds or uses for.

I'm pretty confident I'll be keeping mine and think the gimbal looks great from the videos but it would be nice to see some untouched footage or even better giveaway a couple from the mailing list, overnight em and see some customer video. Prolly to late now if the release is still on time but would be great to see in action by non pro users. Thinking again though that may be bad since any little stutter or movement was ripped apart before on early units, so guess wel just see soon enough. Fingers crossed

Has anyone used a Pelican 1600 or an HPRC 2700 for a Solo yet?

I've used a 1600 and an HPRC 2700 with a Phantom 2 and Phantom 3 and they were fantastic. I take my drones on off-road expeditions so a heavy-duty, watertight case is an absolute must for me.

Here is my Plano case.. I made the inside kinda like the egg case that shipped. (Controller under solo and room for the gimbal) will also do battery cut outs once they spare come in.

efa766a148d03b47f1207b6db4b76921.jpg

4656aeccd5bcaa7529a063f1a4cd1aaa.jpg

0e57e11f4e8e40ce45aef9bf73f550aa.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I actually ordered the backpack on Thursday from DSLRPro's .. but I've been checking the BB website everyday. The solution I created for myself is no longer working as I'm scratching the snot out of the Solo body by having it hang off the back of the backpack.

I thought about getting the backpack but wanted a hard case. When I go 4 wheeling in the jeep it will get smacked around and bounce around a lit. Plus wanted it water tight if it rains or I hit a Mud hold. ;-)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

interested in selling your foam insert?
I would but don't own the case yet. Plus was planning on making everything from the foam inserts, to the actual hard case itself (but made out of fiberglass).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig