So... How are you transporting Solo?

Solo must be barely fitting in there.. I can't see the pic you posted but checking the link of the case.. it seems like a tight fit. with not much room for anything else..

Solo must be barely fitting in there.. I can't see the pic you posted but checking the link of the case.. it seems like a tight fit. with not much room for anything else..
actually there's plenty of room. the quad may be a tight fit but still works within the confines of the case. i can close it up and with some pick&pluck foam mods, have more than ample space for traveling. most likely will have to do this as the REI cooler is just for everyday carry while the gun case is for more serious traveling carry-on. or the other way around, depending on size restrictions.

i can also turn the controller on its side or angle it and there's ample room for a few more batteries and propellers.

In my phantom configuration, i had:
  1. Phantom 1
  2. transmitter
  3. four spare batteries
  4. spare props
  5. GoPro
  6. two chargers & cables
  7. Samsung Q1U UMPC for emergency calibrations
  8. prop protectors
  9. battery voltage checker
  10. Black Pearl LCD & subsequent FPV gear

For Solo i have:
  1. transmitter
  2. Solo quad
  3. two batteries
  4. spare props
  5. Go Pro
  6. Chargers
see attached for the pic of my case. trust me, it fits :)

Attachments

• IMG_20150627_144602577.jpg
    IMG_20150627_144602577.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 166
What am I using so far? The packaging that it came in.

I like the idea of a backpack, but I'd have to see one in person. At the moment I'd probably lean towards a hard case.

What am I using so far? The packaging that it came in.

I like the idea of a backpack, but I'd have to see one in person. At the moment I'd probably lean towards a hard case.
yeah i used the package it came in for about 2 weeks as well. but i didnt like the strap being loose; perhaps i could of stapled it to the physical cardboard shell to make it stay properly.

check out my posts above for a $30 and $70 option for transport. still pretty reasonable IMO

Whatever I decide on will require the props stay on. I don't get far enough away from home enough to justify taking the props off all the time.

Check out the REI Festival Mini-Bar. on sale for $30 for 4th of July.

this will fit the 3DR Solo, controllers, spare batteries, spare props, GoPro, charger extremely comfortably but still a snug fit. Also a good landing/takeoff platform with the fold out table.

Will take more pics of it in storage, but here it is w/ my solo.

Side pocket for all the chargers:
View media item 24
inside packed:
View media item 23
with controller out. note more room for a few batteries. View media item 22
Does the solo actually fit in that cooler . How do you put it in on its side? Thanks heading to rei today thanks

Does the solo actually fit in that cooler . How do you put it in on its side? Thanks heading to rei today thanks
i put the motors closer to the hinge of the top portion that folds.

there will be a slight bump, but nothing noticable. i've kept the box that has the propellers as well, put the two batteries inside on the side and controller in the center.

check out post #18 for more pics

I like the REI one and I also want something that I don't want to take the props off. None of these options work for that though.. Possibly that option earlier that's canvas with the 2 side pockets..

Ryan G

I like the REI one and I also want something that I don't want to take the props off. None of these options work for that though.. Possibly that option earlier that's canvas with the 2 side pockets..

Ryan G
yeah its gonna be tough to find a case that large. prop removal IMO is good practice since those are the only moving parts that can really get nicked by things in a case. better instead if you want props on for a larger briefcase. hells even get a travel carry-on luggage for it with custom foam

Ryan G
Ryan, what is the deal with the props? Takes 5 sec to put on/off. So much easier now than earlier MRs that required a wrench. Also gives you a chance to inspect/feel them each time in case they get a nick/crack.

Ryan, what is the deal with the props? Takes 5 sec to put on/off. So much easier now than earlier MRs that required a wrench. Also gives you a chance to inspect/feel them each time in case they get a nick/crack.

props are much more fragile than the phantom's. not worth risking props broken during storage while attached to the Solo, vs storing them securely and unattached.

last thing you want is to open your box and find out you have no props for your shoot b/c they broke during transport. use the box in the original packaging. works very well for extra protection.

Reactions: Jubalr
It takes me less than 60 seconds to install or remove the props. Maybe less than 30 seconds.
I'd rather spend a few seconds spinning a prop than having to carry and store a larger case just so I didn't have to spend a few seconds spinning props.

Reactions: Jubalr
I am also using the case it came in. I grabbed two cans of plastidip spray from lowes for $12 bucks to add some stiffness and water resistance. Burned through both cans and might add a third, but was pleased with the outcome. Not as stiff as I expected but I was able to take off from a wet lawn without concern, and water beads right off.
I have a pelican 1550 on the way since I am flying to Europe and need hard protection that I can carry on. I think that might be pretty snug. I'll also add a shoulder/sling strap to it.

Happy with the goprofessional case.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-17-08-47-13.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-17-08-47-13.png
    617.3 KB · Views: 93
I ordered the Go Professional case which is due to arrive today, but i also found this one on B&H, i like this design as you don't need to remove the props each time but it is also bigger and heavier then the go professional case.

a2actgb6f

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1140404-REG/hprc_hprc2700wsol_wheeled_hard_case_with.html

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I ordered the Go Professional case which is due to arrive today, but i also found this one on B&H, i like this design as you don't need to remove the props each time but it is also bigger and heavier then the go professional case.

a2actgb6f

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1140404-REG/hprc_hprc2700wsol_wheeled_hard_case_with.html
And the exterior dimensions are very reasonable as well. I may have to retract my post above complaining about the added dimensions of such a case!
This is a nice case.

Reactions: TheeRod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44