So... How are you transporting Solo?

This is my 'lil diy case. For faster deployment I needed the whole thing assembled in the case securely, and deep enough to let the blades suspend in the air.

This case is just from a junk pile but for reference the dimensions inside are:

25" long (Solo is 21.5" long with blades extended as shown)
14.5" wide (Solo is 13" wide without blades)
8.5" high (Solo is 7.5" high)

Sorry I cant link to a case similar to buy, it's leftover from some old '80s Medalight strobes. Drone Case (Large).jpg With the blades attached you can unpack it and be in the air in about 60 seconds (in manual mode). I wouldn't ship it like this but for tossing around in the car it's secure enough.

Just look at a video of the backpack I posted and it looks like a tight fit, by teh size of the Phantom inside the case and the space left, I don't think the Solo will fit.

Rich.
Do you have a link or pic of this case?
thx D

here you go @Dirby
25u5ggh.jpg

2nso0sj.jpg

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1140404-REG/hprc_hprc2700wsol_wheeled_hard_case_with.html

Will take a little modification to fit this. Which I should have Saturday.

View attachment 422
Great set up Rich. I have the Fpvlr and currently remove it and put it in the propeller tray. But looking at it closer, I may be able to modify the foam and be able to leave it on. Sure would be more convenient that way.

excellent info, thank You.

This is my 'lil diy case. For faster deployment I needed the whole thing assembled in the case securely, and deep enough to let the blades suspend in the air.

This case is just from a junk pile but for reference the dimensions inside are:

25" long (Solo is 21.5" long with blades extended as shown)
14.5" wide (Solo is 13" wide without blades)
8.5" high (Solo is 7.5" high)

Sorry I cant link to a case similar to buy, it's leftover from some old '80s Medalight strobes. View attachment 415 With the blades attached you can unpack it and be in the air in about 60 seconds (in manual mode). I wouldn't ship it like this but for tossing around in the car it's secure enough.

Hi

woudl the gimbal and gopro fit attached to the Solo in that case?

Hard to say. I am not as worried about that because you have to remove GoPro from Gimbal to get at the SD card unfortunately.

if I use an Ipad, hopefully I can record into it, via the solo App so I won/t have to remove the SD card so often.

Hard to say. I am not as worried about that because you have to remove GoPro from Gimbal to get at the SD card unfortunately.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela