Saving Smart Shots to External Anything

don't know a way to convert a MPCC to a mission.
Just saying for repeatability, fine tuning and saving off device missions in tower are easier to work with than Smart shots

they take some getting used to, but if you watch that one long tutorial on youtube its a quick study

I would still love the ability to move smart shots around from device to device. but until you can

Courtesy of Mr Nuggetz
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wouldn't I "just" have to pull the logs into MPCCS and then segment out the MPCC?

I haven't done that before so I'm curious I'll watch the video you linked to when I get a chance. Pretty busy until Sunday

OK, so I pretty much solved this for myself. To recap, my main problem was that the area I'm photographing is not what it looks like on Google Maps, and therefore not what shows up in Tower. So this is what I ended up doing.

1. Fly a survey over the location.
  2. Use Geosetter to geotag the images. See Applying GPS Coordinates to Survey Images From an UAV Flight Log. Start at 8:15 unless you want to find out why Geosetter is better than Mission Planner for geotagging.
  3. Upload the photos to DroneDeploy to get an image and map tiles.
  4. Download the tiles to my computer.
  5. Upload the tiles to Mapbox.
  6. Add the tiles to a map to which I have the public key and the Map ID.
  7. Change Tower to use Mapbox.
  8. Push past the "bad credentials" message in Tower, cause after reading this thread and following directions I was still getting the error message. Pushing on though revealed that I was using my tiles on the map.
  9. Use Tower to create the missions.
  10. Save the missions for later use.
You can come pretty close to creating all the smart shots you can using Solo. While you can control the flight path and the altitude with Tower, you have to use the control sticks to control Solo's yaw and the paddle to control the camera angle.

There are a couple of built-in Tower points, Circle, Structure scanner, and region of interest that you can use. I'm curious about what a few of them do, like EPM gripper, Do Jump, Reset ROI. I tried the Set Yaw but it didn't seem to have an effect.

There are a couple of built-in Tower points, Circle, Structure scanner, and region of interest that you can use. I'm curious about what a few of them do, like EPM gripper, Do Jump, Reset ROI. I tried the Set Yaw but it didn't seem to have an effect.

EPM Gripper is to control an electro magnet to hold onto objects and release on command.

Do jump is to jump to a waypoint number, used in complex missions or to repeat sections.

Reset ROI, in prev versions you had to set an ROI every waypoint. Reset ROI will stop it pointing at the previously set ROI.

Set yaw should work. Havent used it in ages.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Set yaw should work. Haven't used it in ages.

I made a square and set the yaw to 90 for the first square and 270 for the second. What I expected to happen was for Solo to point its nose 90 degrees to the flight path. I didn't see that. Is that what should have happened?

I can always go try it again.

When setting yaw will the yaw property stay at a setting until I reset it, or will the yaw be reset once Solo reaches the next waypoint?

Say that I have 4 points that describe a square. I want Solo to fly each leg and point 90 degrees to the flight path. After I set point 1 I then create another point and set the yaw to 90. Then I create each of the other waypoints but do not set another yaw point. What's the expected result?

I'll go try this tomorrow and would appreciate hearing from someone who's used it.

When setting yaw will the yaw property stay at a setting until I reset it, or will the yaw be reset once Solo reaches the next waypoint?

Say that I have 4 points that describe a square. I want Solo to fly each leg and point 90 degrees to the flight path. After I set point 1 I then create another point and set the yaw to 90. Then I create each of the other waypoints but do not set another yaw point. What's the expected result?

I'll go try this tomorrow and would appreciate hearing from someone who's used it.
I'm not familiar with the yaw command, but in your example above could you not get the same result by using POI WPs?

I'm not familiar with the yaw command, but in your example above could you not get the same result by using POI WPs?
I don't think so because as I understand it the POI will keep Solo pointed at the same point. I want to keep the camera perpendicular to the flight path.

I want to shoot a side strafe.

I believe, I recall that all non-WP's continues until another similar command is given or is cleared in MP. If not, that is the way it should work. This was discussed before MPCC's were all the rage within the Solo app...

Not all "Points" "Do's" or "Commands" convert from MP over to Tower, they're there, but Tower doesn't have the full library of MP options. So if your trying that method, MP - Tower, then something might be lost in the translation.

Last edited:
I don't think so because as I understand it the POI will keep Solo pointed at the same point. I want to keep the camera perpendicular to the flight path.

I want to shoot a side strafe.
OK, I see what you are doing. What about MPCC with Free Look or if doing a single strafe, Zip Line?

Command_Yaw has two additional settings "Dir 1=CW" and the "rel/a", you didn't mentioned you set those.

I assume the following,

Dir 1=CW, default is 0=CCW direction
rel/a, Relative to what? 0 is default

Command_Yaw has two additional settings "Dir 1=CW" and the "rel/a", you didn't mentioned you set those.

I assume the following,

Dir 1=CW, default is 0=CCW direction
rel/a, Relative to what? 0 is default
You're right, I didn't mention it. In Tower I have a check box for relative. I didn't see any options for CW or CCW, though I didn't dig into the properties.

That will work except I can't back them up or transfer to another device. Being able to backup is a requirement for this task.
If you are doing a single strafe, Zip line could work for that. Stand in the same spot each time and point the camera at the same reference point. Given the accuracy of consumer GPS, it would probably be more accurate than a saved mission or MPCC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc