Reaction score
Good day. I am asking if anyone else has had this experience. Two weeks ago I upgraded my phone. I had a Samsung S4 Active. It worked great with Solo. No problems. Now that I have a S7 Edge I have nothing but problems. The video feed is very, very, very, very slow or lagging at all. It is so far behind in everything when I fly with it. I thought that with the upgraded phone and faster phone that Solo would be flawless. I guess not. I was just wondering if anyone has run into this issue. Thank you.

I'm having the exact same problem. My S5 worked great with the Solo app. I can't figure out why the S7 is so slow on the video feed.

Good day. I am asking if anyone else has had this experience. Two weeks ago I upgraded my phone. I had a Samsung S4 Active. It worked great with Solo. No problems. Now that I have a S7 Edge I have nothing but problems. The video feed is very, very, very, very slow or lagging at all. It is so far behind in everything when I fly with it. I thought that with the upgraded phone and faster phone that Solo would be flawless. I guess not. I was just wondering if anyone has run into this issue. Thank you.

I'm having the exact same problem. My S5 worked great with the Solo app. I can't figure out why the S7 is so slow on the video feed.

Yes thanks for the reply, very helpful and informative to know that I am not the only one with this issue. I really don't know if the cause is the app or something else. A little help from 3DR would be nice.

So I've had my S7 (non-edge) for about 2 months now. The Solo app/3dr services were working great until very recently. We've had non-stop rain on the east coast for a while and when I pulled the Solo out a couple days ago the video was choppy, slow, and the 3dr services died a time or two. I'm not sure if it's the 3dr app's fault or the latest version of VZ's Android that's causing the problem.

I did send logs off to 3dr...hoping it gets resolved soon.

I do have an iPhone 6 to use for manual flights (no video issues at all), but I want to use the Tower app.

Reactions: Engine24blue
So I've had my S7 (non-edge) for about 2 months now. The Solo app/3dr services were working great until very recently. We've had non-stop rain on the east coast for a while and when I pulled the Solo out a couple days ago the video was choppy, slow, and the 3dr services died a time or two. I'm not sure if it's the 3dr app's fault or the latest version of VZ's Android that's causing the problem.

I did send logs off to 3dr...hoping it gets resolved soon.

I do have an iPhone 6 to use for manual flights (no video issues at all), but I want to use the Tower app.
Thanks for the 411. Please keep us posted, thanks!!

I have the s7 edge as well.. Next time I fly I will use that and see how mine does. I have noticed I went from the Note 4 to this and this phone seems laggy. I deleted all my texts and it has sped up but who knows.

Should be flying this weekend (Maybe tomorrow)

Reactions: Engine24blue
When I submit the crash to 3dr, should I be receiving some acknowledgment back that they received it?

When I submit the crash to 3dr, should I be receiving some acknowledgment back that they received it?
Good day, 3DR will send you a message that they have received your logs and they will respond to your inquiry usually within 24-48 hours. That was my experience when I sent in logs late last year. I sent logs in regarding my crash of Solo.

Just wondering if anyone has a successful Solo/S7 pairing?

Also, is it possible to get the logs of the 3dr Service myself? If so, how? I'd like to see if it's how I have my phone set up (I've turned off mobile data, but that didn't fix anything).

Thanks Engine24blue. I have been playing around on the controller and the solo, but it's the app on the Galaxy that's problematic, so the logs I need are on the phone "somewhere"...I can't tell you how unhappy I am that I replaced my iphone with the Galaxy (which worked fantastically for a few weeks) to only have the 3dr android developer leave and now there doesn't appear to be any love for the S7.

Can one of you try turning off the bluetooth and report the results back?

I don't have an S7 to test but a lot of reports online point to people having network issues being resolved when they turned off their bluetooth.

Also turn off power saving mode for all the 3dr apps

Good call. This is in regards to Marshmallow (6.0) optimizing apps.

You can find the settings under battery usage inside settings.

Turned off Bluetooth - maybe a small change, but not fixed. I already had all power saving turned off (I don't see any individual settings for the apps).

Edit: meant to add that I did turn off background data usage for the 3dr services and solo apps, forced stop, and restarted the apps without any change.

Turned off Bluetooth - maybe a small change, but not fixed. I already had all power saving turned off (I don't see any individual settings for the apps).

Edit: meant to add that I did turn off background data usage for the 3dr services and solo apps, forced stop, and restarted the apps without any change.

I could be wrong but I think you need to enable background data usage for those apps.

What you need to disable is the battery optimization. Which version of Android are you on?

The Galaxy S7 launched with the newest marshmallow 6.0.1. There has been at least one update, but probably not all carriers provided an update.

The Galaxy S7 launched with the newest marshmallow 6.0.1. There has been at least one update, but probably not all carriers provided an update.

I see. What's in the new update? 6.0.1 is the latest official release. Could it be possible that it contains bugfixes specific for the S7?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc