Recent Crashed Solo Report!

The fly button is supposed to break out of a programmed routine and allow you to take control.

One a side note the Solo appears to be a very rugged quad.

The fly button is supposed to break out of a programmed routine and allow you to take control.

One a side note the Solo appears to be a very rugged quad.
Yes, it was still in one piece.

One thing that will take getting used to is the pause and fly button… My suggestion would be to make one button (the pause button) do all of this. Airbrake, O-sh!t button, take it out of return to home, programs etc... I do like the pause button but I had the following happen to me yesterday.
I was controlling it while it was in a return home mode or auto land mode and I didn’t realize I couldn’t adjust the altitude when moving forward. At slower speed while moving forward it touched the ground flipping forward and upside down on grass and it wouldn’t shut off/stalling the motors causing me to run to it pick it up carefully and with the remote not seeming to be able to shut it down carefully as it fought me trying to take off, sneak my finger onto the power button on the quad to shut it down. Shouldn’t it be able to tell if it's upside down and shut it down? This was not only scary but very dangerous, thank god I have small fingers. I wanted to make sure this never happened again so I launched it, grabbed it in the air and had someone hold the power button on the remote which I figured out will shut it down in an emergency but it takes about 10 seconds... This all could have been avoided if the pause button worked instead of fumbling around so close to the ground.

One thing that will take getting used to is the pause and fly button… My suggestion would be to make one button (the pause button) do all of this. Airbrake, O-sh!t button, take it out of return to home, programs etc... I do like the pause button but I had the following happen to me yesterday.
I was controlling it while it was in a return home mode or auto land mode and I didn’t realize I couldn’t adjust the altitude when moving forward. At slower speed while moving forward it touched the ground flipping forward and upside down on grass and it wouldn’t shut off/stalling the motors causing me to run to it pick it up carefully and with the remote not seeming to be able to shut it down carefully as it fought me trying to take off, sneak my finger onto the power button on the quad to shut it down. Shouldn’t it be able to tell if it's upside down and shut it down? This was not only scary but very dangerous, thank god I have small fingers. I wanted to make sure this never happened again so I launched it, grabbed it in the air and had someone hold the power button on the remote which I figured out will shut it down in an emergency but it takes about 10 seconds... This all could have been avoided if the pause button worked instead of fumbling around so close to the ground.

Did you recorded everything in video and make sure you send a ticket log on this.

He needs to learn how to edit videos so they are not so long. I bailed 1/2 way through as that is too much for me.

However, I would be surprised in most failure situations of pause will work.
Yeah, kudos for doing it but he needs to put some care int
:D:D
Not sure I like that. Can't do anything without the app? No S1 flip to manual mode. Dang, could have gone the BB instead of waiting for a preorder that will probably be shipped in July.
I cancelled my pre order and picked one up at my local BB.

Did you recorded everything in video and make sure you send a ticket log on this.
You know, I didn't even think of this. Looking now. How far back do the logs go I wonder? I have flown it since this episode.

It should be there it's a log from the last flight so you should be able to send it so they can take a look at it and maybe can save others like me. Thanks

That is very disconcerting.

Interesting, thanks. Did you have any/many failures with your Naza units?
Yes, I did. Had it take off on it's own from about 25' away. It banked left and kept going until it hit something. . At the time, it seemed to be fairly common among others, in that they went left as well.

Yes, just my opinion. And the ability to read through logs and make adjustments on 100 different parameters as/if needed.

From what I can tell, an important lesson for all of us future Solo flyers; in the event of an app crash, hit Pause. Then fly it back home and do not restart the app until on the ground with Solo off. Rebooting the app after a crash while flying could create all kinds of problems while the app is rebooting and establishing control with the Solo.
At least for me, that will be my procedure as I have been flying multis for about 3 years now. Having owned and flown controllers from 5 different manuf, my favorite is the Pixhawk and I am looking forward to the Pixhawk 2.

Thanks for the input...though I've been flying nearly 3 years, the only quads have been DJI's Phantoms. The Solo will be a new experience and all the suggestions and inputs appreciated

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44