Random thoughts and questions!

Thanks for sharing.

Not sure if it's just me, but the footage using the ND8 filter aeems so much more clear than the others, even when panning. What are your thoughts? How often do you use it and in what circumstances?
That's where I fail, I just don't have the trained eye for what looks correct. I'm mainly looking at both the foreground and the background focus. This particular video was of a failed stab mod test, V3.4 doesn't hold up well...

When I'm out testing various stab mods, I try to perform other tests using ND filters and/or EV Comp. It's a byproduct for what I'm really doing. Further my editing skills are poor, just don't have the eye for the effort needed.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
The HERE system wasn’t bad- plug and play- think it was $58 ? It came with the mast. Look up youtube- search Jester’s drones- HERE- it will be a video of Paul installing it-
works great.
Can't remember the price off hand, but I know with shipping (requires MEDIUM shipping...) the final price worked out to be $98 approx. Well worth it though, I mean come on, what man doesn't want even more flashing lights on his electronics!

The filters make panning a lot less jittery due to having 30 or 60, whatever frames per second you are using, not real crisp images flashing before you eye. Just don't plan on using a frame grab for a still photo. I have actually used 60 fps at 1/60 of a second before. 60 fps at 1/120 is my personal favorite. 30 fps at 1/60 is great also but you need to be really easy on the sticks. I mostly use a 16 or 32 filter.

Last edited:
Ive had my solo going on 3 weeks now still dont know what the cube does. And what is an "open" solo?

That’s true about the HERE- have to add shipping-I ordered both GC and HERE- shipping is what shipping is. But both components arrived in pristine condition! Maybe it was $168 for both?? Not sure- tear up those receipts as soon as they enter the house- less ammo that can be used against me. Just like now- bought another Solo; gotta go hide it!

Reactions: brianuc4
That’s true about the HERE- have to add shipping-I ordered both GC and HERE- shipping is what shipping is. But both components arrived in pristine condition! Maybe it was $168 for both?? Not sure- tear up those receipts as soon as they enter the house- less ammo that can be used against me. Just like now- bought another Solo; gotta go hide it!
The GC is $168. The HERE from Jesters Drones was $78 + $13.60 shipping. And oh dear god....... I'm not the only one hiding drones...

Reactions: Wetstone
DAAAAAAMMMMNNNNNNNN YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU
Irishman!!! You’re right!!! I bought them in two separate transactions!! The GC was sold out when I first tried to purchase!!!! God. Another reality check!!!
Hi. My name is John. And I am a Solo addict.......geez.

Reactions: Wetstone
DO not start building gimbals
its another rabbit hole

As for the OP, I donated my spare black cubes to folks who had issues with theirs

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
I thought it might be best to just hold on to my original pieces- labeled each piece so I know where it came from- by that’s awfully generous of pyrate to help those in need. My thought was; what if something goes awry with my upgrades?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela